What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

What facial hair style do you sport?

What facial hair style do you sport

• mustache

• goatee, with or without stache

• sideburns or chops

• full beard

• clean shaven all the way

Results are only viewable after voting.

Owen Bawn

"Ask me about a fluffernutter"
I had a beard for 3 or 4 years circa 1990. I kept it neat and trim. I suspect that if I were ever to grow one again there'd be no trimming- I'd opt for that Russian Orthodox staretz monk look.

So I've been keeping my formerly 6" beard neat and trim lately. But I tried something new recently. I've trimmed the beard and left my mustache alone, just a light touch with scissors to knock back strays and even the length. And now instead of the beard and mustache being proportional in length and bushiness, I'm starting to see a short beard supporting what will be a nice walrus mustache.

Trimmed my beard off at the beginning of the month. A hairless patch a little bigger than a nickel appeared on my jawline a few days after the trim... and has not grown in since. Have been hovering between clean shaven and stubble since. Doc confirmed it is alopecia barbae. The few hairs that have returned are snow white. No beard for the indefinite future. Time to work on a mustache.

this is what i have been working on lately. will at some point go back to a handlebar mustache, maybe with a time in between with long chops. when i started this about a year and a half ago i did all the shaving i needed still with a straight to really learn something new. so for about 6 months i still shaved my neck and cheeks exclusively with some form of straight. 20201011_181439.jpg

this is what i have been working on lately. will at some point go back to a handlebar mustache, maybe with a time in between with long chops. when i started this about a year and a half ago i did all the shaving i needed still with a straight to really learn something new. so for about 6 months i still shaved my neck and cheeks exclusively with some form of straight. View attachment 1180026
Great beard!

After decades of sporting a bushy full beard I’ve really enjoyed the change and opportunity to shave again although I miss a little something. Movember has been my opportunity to scratch that itch. I dig the stach, time will tell if it becomes a permanent fixture.

Other than a month or so with a moustache circa 1969 and the occasional backpacking trip and its inevitable growth of facial hair, I have shaved every day since I started.

Top Bottom