What's new

What exactly would you call a flavored tobacco?

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
So the house just passed this bill that would ban sales of flavored tobacco.

what pipe/cigar tobacco would that fall under if it passes the next steps to becoming law?

I would consider all aromatics. What about English blends? Latakia blends? Anything that isn’t straight Virginia’s? Obviously cigars like ACiD. When will it end?

stupid laws trying to get passed.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Technically, all tobacco is 'flavored', as all tobacco is cased, in something or another, which at a minimum marginally alters its raw flavor. No one (sane) smokes raw unprocessed tobacco.

Practically speaking, I consider tobacco 'flavored' for anything that is further topped after casing and initial processing. Others may have a different threshold.

I imagine the term "flavored" is somewhere defined in whatever bill you are referring to.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
It’s just another brick in the wall to eradicate tobacco. I’m sure it’s a purposely broad term to allow maximum application wherever deemed necessary. Cellar deep gents.

Probably intended to stop efforts to sell tobacco to younger people for vaping. Bubblegum? Blueberry? Strawberry? There have been young people put in the hospital due to some of the additives in there. They thought vaping was safe with no downsides.

Those flavors are used greatly in pipe and cigar tobacco, sadly. Grape not so much of course lol.
every time I have seen anything about flavored tobacco ban in the news rags,, its always aimed at flavored stuff like the flavored mini cigars, grape, cherry, vanilla, etc. also most lane tobacco would be banned as well.

however something form the corneil and Diehl lines, SOME macbarren blends would be banned, bobs chocolate flake would be banned, but that itself seems to be out of production or at least out of import to America for a few years now

every time I have seen anything about flavored tobacco ban in the news rags,, its always aimed at flavored stuff like the flavored mini cigars, grape, cherry, vanilla, etc. also most lane tobacco would be banned as well.

however something form the corneil and Diehl lines, SOME macbarren blends would be banned, bobs chocolate flake would be banned, but that itself seems to be out of production or at least out of import to America for a few years now

I just bought some Bob's Chocolate flake a few months ago, so I don't think that's true. You just have to know where to look for it and sign up for notifications.

I just bought some Bob's Chocolate flake a few months ago, so I don't think that's true. You just have to know where to look for it and sign up for notifications.
was told last year that the "only" importer for gawith and hoggarth, and even Samuel Gawith had stopped importing most of their inventory.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
go take a look at how many online companies like smokingpipes CANT get tobacco from the UK for the last few years..

They recently had 250g boxes of FVF and St James flake a few months back.
Watch City had a bunch of SG tins in stock, and a smaller online store has GH bulks as well. Picked up 500g Dark Plug back in December too. It just sells out quickly.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member

Hurry still in stock

good website, have a lot of goodies I always wanted to try but sadly if I bought everything I ever wanted to try....

id be broke
SG and GH do things the old way. The tobacco is ready when it is ready- just like Esoterica. It wouldn't surprise me that some of the pieces of equipment they use take forever to build or are rarely built so expensive.

Missouri Meerschaum quit making their diamond shanked cobs with the small cobs because the piece of equipment that did those shanks broke and couldn't be repaired.

SG stuff hits the shelfs. It is just popular and the people that get the email notices are usually pretty quick to buy it. I was lucky enough to walk into my local shop to find a box of St James Flake a month and a half ago. I'll pay the markup to support them and encourage them to keep getting boxes like that in. Now I need to tell them to get some Best Brown or Full Virginia Flake!

Also, GH did a collaboration with C&D that is a Lakeland Va/Per. I didn't buy any tins....

SG and GH do things the old way. The tobacco is ready when it is ready- just like Esoterica. It wouldn't surprise me that some of the pieces of equipment they use take forever to build or are rarely built so expensive.

Missouri Meerschaum quit making their diamond shanked cobs with the small cobs because the piece of equipment that did those shanks broke and couldn't be repaired.

SG stuff hits the shelfs. It is just popular and the people that get the email notices are usually pretty quick to buy it. I was lucky enough to walk into my local shop to find a box of St James Flake a month and a half ago. I'll pay the markup to support them and encourage them to keep getting boxes like that in. Now I need to tell them to get some Best Brown or Full Virginia Flake!

Also, GH did a collaboration with C&D that is a Lakeland Va/Per. I didn't buy any tins....

a good part of their equipment predates world war 1. and is easily made.

Top Bottom