What's new

What exactly is an alternative for Valobra?

I've understood that Czech and Speake are made by Valobra, but I'd hesitate to call them an alternative due to the price range from shipping. Is there a hard soap that can be considered an equal or better soap than Valobra while still staying somewhat within or going under Valobra's price?

The only supplier I can find that still has some Valobra in stock is a company in Australia called Vshod. I just checked their website and they have Fougere, Cologne and Unscented available.

They can be found at Vshod.com

I ordered recently three Valobra unscented pucks and one shave stick. It took about 6 weeks to arrive due to the global slow down in shipping.

Vshod is legit. I’ve ordered a lot from these guys. He is also very responsive on the mail if you have any questions.

I will say that IMO Speick is comparable, although I think it's better. Relatively straightforward barbershop/natural scent with lavender, tallow, great slickness, etc.

this is interesting and good to know. I got a Valobra - Mentol soap and some bath ones on sale. Looking forward to seeing how it goes!!!

NOS Tallow Art of Shaving pucks, which were made by Valobra. Getting scarce but still around. Mostly sandalwood.

The C&S Valobra stock will run out as well and the new is likely to be a different manufacturer and formulation.

There really isn’t anything I’ve found that is comparable. Most of the artisan soaps have gone a very different direction with the formulation.

Speick is a great soap performance wise. Top tier. And an amazing value. It’s one of two soaps of the scores I have tried that gave me a skin reaction, though I am in a very small minority on that. It is a highly regarded soap.

Last edited:
No one cures their soap as long as Valobra used to. The quality of ingredients are also top notch.

I have 5-6 Valobra sticks and a nearly full puck of Cologne plus 4 bath soaps, so I’m good for a couple of years

Top Bottom