What's new

What exactly is a DFS or a BBS?

Baby Butt have no any black dots.
So even in the case of we achieve good shaving that does not get caught by stroking in the ATG direction,if there were some of black dots in sight,I think we couldn't acheved BBS.

Baby Butt have no any black dots.
So even in the case of we achieve good shaving that does not get caught by stroking in the ATG direction,if there were some of black dots in sight,I think we couldn't acheved BBS.
It is not what it looks like but how it feels when you rub your fingers in any diection. Baby butt smooth is no feeling of stubble in any any direction; it is smooth all over. You may still see the shadow of stubble with BBS.
If you want total removal and nothing visible, then waxing or other form of total removal, including roots is what you are seeking.
With light hair on light skin the shadow is not so visible.

There's also a whole lot of shall we say, less than honest claims around the subject.
Like ''I can get a BBS shave every time, in one pass, with 300 shaves on the blade''.
i guess everyone has different hair - i usually get 3 shaves out of a razor, but my neck stubble is literally like wire wool - i have had a lifetime of shirt collars getting roughed up and worn by any stubble over about 12 hours old - front neckline of t shirts get all bobbled and rough too because of it.

I turned to DE because i have to shave in morning and then do a late afternoon / early evening shave with electric at work. A decent 3 pass DE shave leaves me smooth for nearly a whole 24 hours !!

When i do an XTG pass with a decently fresh blade, i get an immensely satisfying crackling noise as it slices through the undergrowth :thumbup:

My uncle has a PhD in mathematics. I emailed the question to him, is there a way to quantitatively value a subjective evaluation by a group. Or if 22,000 people qualify their morning shave as good or bad can you draw any kind of real conclusions for the group.

He sent me back a reference to a paper with the following abstract.

Abstract

A nonfrequentistic model of subjective probability was tested in an empirical, subjective estimation task. The model relies on a characterization of stimulus similarities as distances in a cognitive space. This representation was independently tested using a multidimensional scaling analysis of similarities data. Subjective probability estimates given by the subjects for a related set of stimuli were then shown to be highly consistent with respect to their similarity judgments, and predictable by the model. The experiment also utilized special transformations on the stimuli to test consistency properties of subject probabilities.

I love my uncle but he thinks I am smarter than I really am. All I got from reading the abstract was a headache. Called him on the phone. Asked him " Uncle Johnnie, bal bal bal, baby butt smooth, yada yada yada, Damn Fine Shave. Can you use subjective answers and come up with something that has scientific value". His answer was yes. Tada, the answer is YES.

I now have a headache, have no idea what we were talking about, but did get a chance to say Hi to one of my favorite Uncle's. You guys make me crazy sometimes.

Post of the day!! :a29: :a29:

It is not what it looks like but how it feels when you rub your fingers in any diection. Baby butt smooth is no feeling of stubble in any any direction; it is smooth all over. You may still see the shadow of stubble with BBS.
If you want total removal and nothing visible, then waxing or other form of total removal, including roots is what you are seeking.
With light hair on light skin the shadow is not so visible.
I never wanna undergo any epilation,because I really wanna enjoy shaving during my life.lol
I think,it is difficult especially for Japanese or any Asians who have black hair,to evaluate which we achived or not BBS,according to our color of skin and beard.

Post of the day!! :a29: :a29:
10 years ago .. :D

I almost want to rate my shave on the basis of how it is after X or Y hours. A lot of my shaves fall in the DFS category right after but some start seeing stubble/whiskers within 3-4 hours, some take up to 8 hours whereas some are over 12 hours before I notice growth.

The photos won’t do anything. Some people have visible “shadow” even with a BBS-type shave. It’s all about how it feels when you rub your hand with- and against the grain.

Hmm...I see I understood.
Sometimes I can shave so deep as I feel nothing with rubbing hand along ATG,but not everytime.

Top Bottom