What's new

What does your blotter look like?

The current state of my blotter:

proxy.php

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I have the wooden J. Herbin roller blotters that a couple of the other gents in this thread have posted. I rarely use it though, so there's pretty much nothing on the paper.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
If you are old enough, probably 55+, you probably remember when desk pads were called desk blotters and they actually had a blotter pad that you worked on. These were great as you could just turn a page over and swipe you hand on it and it was blotted. While these can be found today, they are hard to find and fairly pricey.

Similar to the desk blotter, there are times that I am on the run with a notebook and want to have a blotter with me. See the pic below for a few of the different blotters that I have that can fit in a notebook flap or in a Levenger Pocket Briefcase. These are handy little cards to have. Alas, I could not find them on Levenger any longer, but a quick look at blotter cards on e-bay reveals any number of vintage cards available.

Here you can see one card in the flap of my notebook and a few others laid out. The Namiki blotters were from the pen store I frequent back when the VP was a Namiki rather than a Pilot and new to the US market. The rest of these cards were purchased from Levenger as box set of 12 IIRC.

IMG_6930.jpg

Just an FYI for all who want a blotter card they can carry in their notebook, you can get these for free at many bars. Those cardboard blotter coasters that many bars have work great with a fountain pen as a blotter. Some employers may have an issue if you have a branded beer coaster on your desk, but if you use it and put it away - who would know?

Top Bottom