What's new

What does tto mean?

I've seen some old Gillette razors described as tto vintage but I've no idea wha that means. The forum search won't let me use it as a search term.

You will also hear the term, "butterfly" used as well, which refers to the silos of a TTO razor when it is in the open position ready to receive or remove a blade.

proxy.php

Ah thanks for the info. No wonder I couldn't figure it out, I've just seen it applied to a three piece ball end tech!

Ah thanks for the info. No wonder I couldn't figure it out, I've just seen it applied to a three piece ball end tech!

Perhaps its just people who are not knowledgeable about the razor. TTO refers to twist to open or butterfly doors.

I have discovered that you really have to watch what you hear a razor called. As you said, people call a 3 piece a TTO, people will call a slim a fatboy, most people have no idea what it is, they have just heard the term and apply it to everything.

I have discovered that you really have to watch what you hear a razor called. As you said, people call a 3 piece a TTO, people will call a slim a fatboy, most people have no idea what it is, they have just heard the term and apply it to everything.

Especially when they are displayed on e-Bay ... (Oh, I didn't say that did I? Oh Yes I did!)

btw Baz if you ever run cross anything else you dont know the wiki has a whole page for short forms and what they mean, that i have had to visit more then a few times lmao, or by googling the abrev. and adding shave at the end it will usually pull up your result i.e. "tto shave" but everyone around these parts are always happy to answer you and when they anwer you a lot of lurkers who havent joined yet and other new bodies get the answer too :) happy shaves

"Fat Boy" gets applied to everything on sleaz-bay. Seen it on all sorts of fat handled razors. Seen it on Slims. Even saw one called a "Fat Boy Slim Boy." Of course it was a Slim.

Cheers peeps! Syngent, yeah I tried Google but there's just too many meanings for TTO I didn't get very far there. I didn't think to look in the shave wiki though so thanks for that!

This was indeed a description on ebay :D anyway I bought the razor so I'm now the proud owner of a pre date stamp ball end tech, should be a step up from the manky plastic G1000 I'm using at the moment!

Top Bottom