What's new

What does summertime look like where you are?

Remnants of TS Guillermo made for some cool rainy weather and a nice break from the heat. Today was a hike to the wailele. it was pretty awesome to be mid July and hear the boys say they were cold!

07F78B78-7AE2-4FEB-A984-44BB17E0D38D.jpeg

9BF4E16B-534E-49EB-8FAF-510B4B4D6624.jpeg

6D256CC5-E949-45CD-810D-BAFA4AC243B9.jpeg

Sometimes dawn here in Reno is really magnificent:

PXL_20210704_131204336_2.jpg

The last two mornings I can't see anything due to the smoke from wildfires, but I do have faith the city and mountains are still out there. We've been advised not to go out again today due to "very unhealthy" air conditions.

Both the pictures were taken from my back door, the top one about a week ago, the second yesterday morning- looks the same today :o15:. My profile picture is what we normally see at moonrise.

PXL_20210724_154311051.jpg

It's getting colder as i said
So we decided to move somewhere else
This time Rila mountain
We said goodbye to the sea and we were all gone- me, my wife and our two hats
Heading west towards the Rila mountain and the beautiful lakes. We were passing near our home town so we decided to stop by
And we got another surprise -looks like we are going to have a baby
20210725_171637_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Yes it’s hot, yes it’s humid here. Others have it much worse than we do.
Now it’s mosquitos. Everyone has mosquitos. One is too many. Apply repellant and you need shower before bed.
T storm warnings.

This (and snow and ice come winter) might explain why I moved far away from the western suburbs as soon as I could.

At least (I hope) trucks don't prowl the streets late at night anymore, spraying a great cloud of insecticide over an entire town. Shutting all the windows at bedtime on a hot Illinois night with no A/C was never a highlight.

At least the lightning bug population always seemed to survive.

At least we are not on fire, shake, or have these days ong storms.😏

True enough! When I first moved to Oregon they still did a lot of open burning to clear the stubble and kill weed seeds in the grass seed fields. Now we get regular summer smoke without setting the fires on purpose.

I miss the drama (and short duration) of real thunderstorms.

Used to be you could go to Montana for cooler temps in the summer. Watch Havre temps, they are on or close to Canadian border, they have hit 100 a few times this year.

Top Bottom