What's new

What does summertime look like where you are?

Pre pandemic California was the 7th largest economy in the WORLD now it is the 5th largest economy in the WORLD!
California has a lot of money to burn. Lol! California has created more wealth than any other place in human history. That should say something, Cali don't play!

Indian Summers in plains area is especially hot with low humidity.

Temperature rises till 114° F and skin feels scorched during the day.

Summer season just ended here for this year and Monsoon is on the way.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Summer in Central Texas is very dry. Hot like 95 to 105 if we’re lucky. But there are some positives like the smell of fresh cut grass, flowers and cold beer shared with the neighbor. Open up the garage door get your lawn chair out sit in the shade down on the driveway with a couple beers and see who shows up.

Mid June in South Carolina normally means 100+ temps, but we've yet to surpass 90F, so far. I'm not complaining

OK I'm a bit creeped out now, we're almost in July and temperatures still haven't gone past 90F and they're still not projected to up through the 4th, thus far

Man, this is getting weird. Knowing South Carolina, that means winter probably won't hit below 70 this year

After all we see on the news of Cali being on fire for years....HOW is there anything left to burn?!?
I can't answer that , but the last 5 - 7 years has been horrendous. A big part of the problem is our tax dollars get funneled into " programs " most do not approve of, so as cities go broke they close local fire departments and hire state fire departments , which saves on labor costs, but makes to journey to the fire zone much , much longer.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
It looks like my pool until August, then it looks like my airconditioned living room. Hot, HUMID and rainy. SE Lousiana.

Summer here looks like a man stripped to the waist wearing only a pair of shorts sitting in front of a fan with a big spray bottle full of water within easy reach.

Thank god for evaporative cooling.

ABE31102-CEF8-40B7-99F1-0355966CD9BB.jpegD920502A-7F29-476C-A77D-078BB4CF8EDB.jpeg04B73A06-CA88-469C-B598-D940B6E85EBD.jpeg
Typical SW FL summer morning spent at Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park. Saw osprey, pelicans, a large gopher tortoise, crabs, a manatee screaming through the pass on the incoming tide. Saw only 2 ladyfish and a small snook plucked from the water. The Pass turned from tannin stained to Gulf aquamarine as the tide rushed in. So much runoff. Back inside for cold beverage and eats at an uncrowded spot before afternoon thunder. Big change from last weekend in the White Mountains of NH!

Nashville, TN. Hot and humid. Afternoon thunderstorms. We have to start our morning walks by 6, and sometime that’s too late.

Yes it’s hot, yes it’s humid here. Others have it much worse than we do.
Now it’s mosquitos. Everyone has mosquitos. One is too many. Apply repellant and you need shower before bed.
T storm warnings.
Hoping everyone is okay.
Need to make multiple “what are you drinking tonight” entries.

Top Bottom