What's new

What does summertime look like where you are?

Pittsburgh. Summer rain taps at my window, west wind soft as a sweet dream.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
It's impossible to know here in upstate NY. It was 62 degrees and rainy yesterday. Last week it was 90. If you don't like the weather here just wait a few minutes.

But generally the mornings are lovely and the afternoons are warm, but not oppressively so. We have a handful of "Florida" days with high heat and humidity, but summer is usually pretty darn nice.

In our line of work unfortunately summertime without Covid restrictions means a lot of tourists which means a lot of rescues. We’re out on this trail doing rescues once or twice a cycle. In fact. This pic is on this side of things because I had to post and stop hikers from walking into the LZ. People are crazy. 😳

A0A3AEF2-7BD5-4273-8CAA-2D2DCE02B7F0.jpeg

I live in Northern California , Napa County . Napa plus Sonoma and Lake counties have had so many fires the past 5-6 years I lost count. Not small fires, but millions of acres fires , some taking weeks to extinguish. I've had to wear an N-95 mask for weeks, the air is so thick with smoke sometimes that you just can't breathe...My Aunt who lives in Lake has been evacuated 5 times in the past 3 years ... Sadly, we are once again in a severe drought , and the last few days the weather temps were 104 - 111 here, everything is bone dry.....
After all we see on the news of Cali being on fire for years....HOW is there anything left to burn?!?

Top Bottom