What's new

What does summertime look like where you are?

Summer is officially a week away for us in the Northern Hemisphere, but it’s already starting to feel like summer over here. Show us a pic of what summer time looks like in your area!

The tourists are back with a vengeance and already wreaking havoc on our tiny little island in the middle of the Pacific. But, here’s a more peaceful look at what summertime is looking like in my area. He aliʻi ka ʻāina, he kauwā ke kanaka…

6F8E38A9-1A90-4E85-886B-625B2FB40078.jpeg

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
We have four distinct seasons here and summer is just around the corner. June 20th-September 22nd officially, but we have had a mild spring, so it feels as if summer has already started. Today on the south coast of British Columbia it’s about 20C, partly sunny, light breeze.
8354A83A-D3F8-41F7-882E-F25AD54834DE.jpeg

I can say that it is anything but summer. Yeah, the weather can be warm sometimes, but it constantly rains, 2 days ago happened somewhat flood disaster, it rained to a point where cars could not even go properly. I don't know if this is the way of nature to "tell" us something, but without any doubt I can say that it really never happened before.

Rainbow is a little bit extra :001_tongu but normally my city looks like this (Photo does not belong to me. It is taken from Facebook).

ggg.jpg

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
40+ days of 100° and over plus very high humidity.
Summer here is brutal.
But we can swim in our pools 9 or 10 months out of the year.

After those last four posts I'll stop whining (for a minute or two) about mid 90s today in Oregon. The honing station is down in the cool depths of the basement. Good day to work on some razors.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Metro Phoenix/Tempe . . .

View attachment 1284999

people reaching for ice water and the thermostat . . .

View attachment 1285000
But it’s a dry heat!!!
Haha
Hot is hot whether it’s humid or dry.
One suffocates you and the other smothers you. Does that make sense?
One is so dry that you cannot get a breath because it burns to breathe and the other is so wet you cannot get a breath because there’s too much water in the air.
Both ways suck!

I live in Northern California , Napa County . Napa plus Sonoma and Lake counties have had so many fires the past 5-6 years I lost count. Not small fires, but millions of acres fires , some taking weeks to extinguish. I've had to wear an N-95 mask for weeks, the air is so thick with smoke sometimes that you just can't breathe...My Aunt who lives in Lake has been evacuated 5 times in the past 3 years ... Sadly, we are once again in a severe drought , and the last few days the weather temps were 104 - 111 here, everything is bone dry.....

Attachments

• fireeeee.jpg
    fireeeee.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 13
  • firee.jpg
    firee.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 13
  • fireeee.jpg
    fireeee.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 13
  • fire.jpg
    fire.jpg