What's new

What does “Like” mean to you?

Did Big Nurse give you permission to start this thread John... or have you been overdosing on the "medicine" again?
OCD-Enhancer.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I was against the "like" button from the start and I still am. I don't like anything about it. I don't like it when someone "likes" my post because then I get a notice on my computer that someone mentioned me or something and it's all really just a click to his mouse or such.
If you can't bother to say even just a few words then why bother to even be here on the forum. A forum is a place where people exchange ideas, not just check marks.

I like the like button and use it, but I agree it's a tad bothersome to receive a notice that someone liked my post. I'd like to have that particular notification entirely removed (don't know if it can be done).

To me, the button allows a nudge saying, "Hey, I saw that. Cool." It also seems to have reduced the number of +1 posts which I understand but don't much like.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Depending on circumstances, it can mean a number of things for me.

For example, when I posted about my boy Chester's sudden passing, I used the "like" tab as a means of individually thanking members for their kind words of solace. I later posted a blanket "thank you" to all concerned for their compassion in reaching out.

Other times, it's just because I liked what you had to say.

Depending on circumstances, it can mean a number of things for me.

For example, when I posted about my boy Chester's sudden passing, I used the "like" tab as a means of individually thanking members for their kind words of solace. I later posted a blanket "thank you" to all concerned for their compassion in reaching out.

Other times, it's just because I liked what you had to say.

My sympathy to you and my respects to your boy.

I like the like button and use it, but I agree it's a tad bothersome to receive a notice that someone liked my post. I'd like to have that particular notification entirely removed (don't know if it can be done).

To me, the button allows a nudge saying, "Hey, I saw that. Cool." It also seems to have reduced the number of +1 posts which I understand but don't much like.

Happy shaves,

Jim
That is all adjustable in your account preferences (scroll down toward the bottom).

BD3364EE-4B7A-41F3-80E1-5E2FCB4F7572.png

Top Bottom