What's new

What does Chicory taste like??

Gentlemen,

Let me tell you a story:

The great German composer Johannes Brahms hated coffee with chicory. After a long day's walk in the woods near Vienna, Austria, he and a friend stopped at a cafe and were served coffee with chicory.

"My dear lady," said Brahms to the owner. "Have you some chicory?" She said she had. "It's not possible," declared Brahms. "May I see it?" The old woman brought him two packages of chicory. "Is that all you have?" asked Brahms. That was all. "Well now," Brahms said, pocketing the packages, "you can go back and make us some black coffee."

That story is from the book "Obie's Opus" by Obie Yadgar. It's a book of humor about the great composers, written by yours truly.

So yes: coffee, please, and park the chicory.

Obelit

Gentlemen,

Let me tell you a story:

The great German composer Johannes Brahms hated coffee with chicory. After a long day's walk in the woods near Vienna, Austria, he and a friend stopped at a cafe and were served coffee with chicory.

"My dear lady," said Brahms to the owner. "Have you some chicory?" She said she had. "It's not possible," declared Brahms. "May I see it?" The old woman brought him two packages of chicory. "Is that all you have?" asked Brahms. That was all. "Well now," Brahms said, pocketing the packages, "you can go back and make us some black coffee."

That story is from the book "Obie's Opus" by Obie Yadgar. It's a book of humor about the great composers, written by yours truly.

So yes: coffee, please, and park the chicory.

Obelit

Interesting. I had a peek at Barnes and Noble.

V

VR6ofpain

I bought of can of Cafe Du Monde coffee with chicory. It was ok, though I prefer other coffees.

proxy.php

Top Bottom