What's new

What do you watch on YouTube?

Scotty Kilmer on cars and car repair. A bunch of random music stuff. Lots of Rick Beato's stuff including "What Makes this Song Great?." A bunch of top ten lists You Tube suggests I watch.

Plenty of woodworking channels, cooking channels with the wife, fitness channels like athlean x and elliott hulse.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
If you like that kind of thing, this guy's pretty good.

South Main Auto is excellent if you like tool and auto repair videos. Kilmer gets on my nerves for some reason. Project Farm does some really interesting auto related product tests, some are silly but others are very practical.

I like watching debates and discussions. Claire Lehmann, Stephen Fry, Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro, Douglas Murray, Jonathan Haidt, Eric & Bret Weinstein, many others...

Stand up comedy; George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, Dice, too many to list...

Recently I discovered model making videos. I've never been into model making myself but I find myself enthralled. The detail some of these model makers achieve is impressive.

Miscellaneous music videos.

Last edited:
I think I watch Scotty Kilmer more for the entertainment value than anything. Although he is useful for things not to do to ruin your car, such as towing it any distance rather than putting it on a flatbed and not removing battery cables from a modern car. The other day he said never have both engines running when jump starting a modern car, which I would not have known about. However, I do not think I am going to try to diagnose whether my car has a bad head gasket. I suppose I am tempted to buy a good plug in error code device.

It is going to be a long time before I buy another car--I hope--but I think I would take his recommendations on cars to avoid seriously. Although, I own a four wheel drive hybrid and my last car was a 2003 Murano, which was great. Scotty would recommend none of those things.

Hoovies Garage amuses me.

Toyota changed the brake fluid in my 2017 RAV4 at 30k. I was surprised about that.

I used to watch Jordan Peterson, but have tired of him. I generally stay away from political discussions. Some of the history videos seem good. I used to love standup comedy, but I seem to have tired of that as well.

I suppose I watch some style and shoe shining videos. Alpha M is okay. I would take most of the advice any of those folks give out with Lot's wife.

I suppose I watch whiskey reviews like Whisky Vault and things like The Educated Barfly. Most of the reviews seem kind of tedious. I can read faster than I can watch, too. I would apply that to most cooking videos.

I suppose I give nearly anything You Tube suggests to me a try.

I seem to watch a lot of snake videos. This is what You Tube apparently thinks I like to watch. I am not sure that stuff does not haunt my dreams! :)

Last edited:
Taryl Fixes All is a pretty good channel, his videos have helped me out on some small engine repairs. I really like his videos. I also really like Louis Rossman and Tech YES City's computer videos.

Home repair videos, just about everything from diagnosing a problem to doing actual repairs. Hickok45 & Henry Repeating Arms for guns. Scotty Kilmer & ChrisFix for cars. CareyHolzman, among others, for pc repairs and upgrades. And, as always, Irish punk music videos.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I think I watch Scotty Kilmer more for the entertainment value than anything. Although he is useful for things not to do to ruin your car, such as towing it any distance rather than putting it on a flatbed and not removing battery cables from a modern car. The other day he said never have both engines running when jump starting a modern car, which I would not have known about. However, I do not think I am going to try to diagnose whether my car has a bad head gasket. I suppose I am tempted to buy a good plug in error code device.

It is going to be a long time before I buy another car--I hope--but I think I would take his recommendations on cars to avoid seriously. Although, I own a four wheel drive hybrid and my last car was a 2003 Murano, which was great. Scotty would recommend none of those things.

Hoovies Garage amuses me.

Toyota changed the brake fluid in my 2017 RAV4 at 30k. I was surprised about that.

I used to watch Jordan Peterson, but have tired of him. I generally stay away from political discussions. Some of the history videos seem good. I used to love standup comedy, but I seem to have tired of that as well.

I suppose I watch some style and shoe shining videos. Alpha M is okay. I would take most of the advice any of those folks give out with Lot's wife.

I suppose I watch whiskey reviews like Whisky Vault and things like The Educated Barfly. Most of the reviews seem kind of tedious. I can read faster than I can watch, too. I would apply that to most cooking videos.

I suppose I give nearly anything You Tube suggests to me a try.

I seem to watch a lot of snake videos. This is what You Tube apparently thinks I like to watch. I am not sure that stuff does not haunt my dreams! :)

RE: Peterson. I feel the same way. After a while I'm at the point that I've hit the wall with him, I'm not learning anything new, from him. But, his talks have led me to other very interesting figures such as Christoper Hitchens (I see you mentioned him in another thread) and Hitchens led me to Lawrence Krauss. I recently watched Krauss' talk "A Universe From Nothing" and found it fascinating!

I don't subscribe to too much on youtube but I certainly use it as a source for tutorials when I need to do it myself. One of the things which inspired me greatly as a beginning drummer...

I recently watched Krauss' talk "A Universe From Nothing" and found it fascinating!

I've just finished watching this and really enjoyed it, thanks. Very funny and very interesting, particularly on the back of our recent dialogue about Mother! I've bookmarked it, as it covers a lot of ground in a short space of time. I also bookmarked the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason & Science (the channel I watched it on) which contains much of interest.

30 percent dark matter, 70 percent dark energy - mind blowing!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Things I will watch on YouTube:
High End Audio related stuff.
Full length concerts (Classical, Jazz, Rock in the Pink Floyd, Yes, Rush, The Who, etc. vein).
Comedy clips.
Some shaving stuff.
PBS NOVA and Science Channel themed stuff.
Dog oriented (cute/good news) videos.
Live P.D. (guilty pleasure ;)).

Catch up on BBC TV shows like HIGNFY, Mock the Week, Only Connect and Question of Sport, highlights of the rugby or cricket matches I missed over the weekend because the time difference, Last Week Tonight, cooking / food topics, music vids...

Top Bottom