What's new

What do you watch on YouTube?

I have been watching drone reviews for a while now. Started because I was thinking about getting a drone. I still am but have noticed incredible advancements in camera and distance capabilities over a very short time. Not like a computer I need so I can wait until one comes out for the right price.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
OK. I'll admit it. Yes, I watch DIY, TEDTalks, lectures, old newsreels, music performances, etc etc etc on youtube. But I just spent the last 12 minutes watching the most attractive young women skiing and shooting in a 2019 biathlon event. There are few things sexier than a woman breathing rapidly as she's gassed by exertion lying on her belly in the snow and somehow stilling herself so as to be able to hit a series of nickel sized targets at 50m distance.

There, I've said it.

Young folks reviewing music from the 70's and 80's, music they haven't heard before. There are many to choose from. Most are blown away by the efforts of groups like Pink Floyd, ELP, Yes, Genesis, Rush, Deep Purple, Kansas, Supertramp, Jethro Tull, etc.

A lot of pre-color films from the '30s onward. I grew up with B & W TV -- didn't have a color set until I was about 30! And there is something special about a good print of a B & W film. Recently I watched My Man Godfrey (1936) w/ William Powell and Carole Lombard, Night Train to Munich (1940) directed by Carol Reed (a sort of proto-James Bond thriller with Rex Harrison as the hero), Reed's 1947 Odd Man Out with James Mason as a wounded IRA terrorist on the run, and even Walter Mattthau's only directing effort, 1959's Gangster Story. (Suffice it to say that Walter did much better to stick with acting.)

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
A lot of pre-color films from the '30s onward. I grew up with B & W TV -- didn't have a color set until I was about 30! And there is something special about a good print of a B & W film. Recently I watched My Man Godfrey (1936) w/ William Powell and Carole Lombard, Night Train to Munich (1940) directed by Carol Reed (a sort of proto-James Bond thriller with Rex Harrison as the hero), Reed's 1947 Odd Man Out with James Mason as a wounded IRA terrorist on the run, and even Walter Mattthau's only directing effort, 1959's Gangster Story. (Suffice it to say that Walter did much better to stick with acting.)
I'd pay James Mason for that accent.

Top Bottom