What's new

What do you watch on YouTube?

Mostly to learn stuff - how to shave with a DE razor, music for auditions, bass and guitar lessons, cooking / recipes, travel (though I have no plans for that at present). Every once in a while a friend and I will be yucking it up about something - “Remember this?” Then one of us will look it up on YouTube and have a big laugh about it for days. This was the last thing that set us off:

I don't subscribe to much, but search for & watch music, documentaries (real life crime dramas, lectures on art, literature, psychology). I'll watch shave videos too.

70's rock, DIY stuff for household maintenance, military aircraft at air shows (the US armed forces have some insane aircraft), trains (Amtrak northeast corridor and fast freight on BNSF and predecessor Santa Fe, also Union Pacific and predecessor MissourI Pacific, etc), sporting events, cooking--mainly BBQ and smoking meat.

RE: Peterson. I feel the same way. After a while I'm at the point that I've hit the wall with him, I'm not learning anything new, from him. But, his talks have led me to other very interesting figures such as Christoper Hitchens (I see you mentioned him in another thread) and Hitchens led me to Lawrence Krauss. I recently watched Krauss' talk "A Universe From Nothing" and found it fascinating!
Watching debates with Christopher Hitchens,Richard Dawkins,J J Lowder vs John Lennox,William Lane Craig, and Frank Turek is a very interesting expierience.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Last week, a coworker gear-head recommended Project Farm. This weekend, my Jeep needed a new battery. Researching on YouTube, and lo and behold, there was this Project Farm video on car batteries. Switched from leaning toward AutoZone to an Interstate (Johnson Controls) battery from Costco, saving $80.

Project Farm: Car Batteries

Last week, a coworker gear-head recommended Project Farm. This weekend, my Jeep needed a new battery. Researching on YouTube, and lo and behold, there was this Project Farm video on car batteries. Switched from leaning toward AutoZone to an Interstate (Johnson Controls) battery from Costco, saving $80.

Project Farm: Car Batteries
Project Farm has a good presentation style, on point with no extra fluff. He is like a one man consumer reports. I watched his video on string trimmer line a few months ago and the one that came out on top was already out of stock on Amazon.

My go to channels are Mike Patey (a pilot and engineer who builds his own planes from scratch), Anton Petrov (astronomy), Arvin Ash (physics), and Zefrank (comedian who makes gut-bustingly funny nature videos, if you’re not watching his “true facts” videos, you are doing yourself a grave disservice).

I bop around alot on YouTube, but I really like a cobbler redoing shoes. Bedos leatherworks. Guy is amazing with all types of shoe repairs, handbags, jackets.
Actually had a chance to go by his business on a trip back east last year. Wall to wall leather samples hanging in every color and animal you can think of. Vintage machinery and hand tools, pictures of his dad working hanging on the walls. Steve asked, "Do you want to come back in the shop?" I was like a kid in a candy store!

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
YouTube ... primarily, railroad & firearms-related videos. Ian McCollum’s, Forgotten Weapons is a favorite channel

Another favorite site is, Folkstreams.net
Earlier this morning, I watched this Gandy Dancers video...

I watch about a load of themes but pinnacle of my week is when a new video is released by Gentleman's Gazzette.

Live music and how-to's on my hobby of the moment. Currently mountain biking, but I used to watch how to shave with a DE by Mantic all the time.

Top Bottom