What's new

What do you use?

I wanna hear what your favorite facial cleanser is.................... Like I stated in another post I use the Hydrolast cube and while it is smelly and awkward in shape it has done wonders for my combo skin. Go ahead and list your skin type as well so we can decipher if your particular product is one we would like to try. So what do you use?

Interesting.... you use the CAR cube to wash your face before and after bed? I may give this a shot!

I use Zirh Face-wash which I find very underwhelming (tryng to use it up) and QED Man soap which I enjoy profusely. The QED Lavender is really something else, as is the orange!

Deffinetly give it a shot, it has done wonders for my combo skin. I used zirh at one point and it did absolutly nothing for my skin, I actually went back to clinique :eek: if you can imagine that. Charles told me he is out of the face soaps and will not be getting them in for a while....do you know anything about this.

I use a bar of Yardley Lavender before bedtime. Love the soothing smell, and it is not drying, at least for me.

Randy

Being an old goat :wink: , I prefer this stuff. Made for all kinds of kids... As one matures one finds one's skin tends to have less moisture. Believe it or not, this soap appears to reduce the impact of that issue. Great for efficacy, somewhat less for panache.

I'm also a big fan of Baxter face wash. Completely scent free, washes very light/gently, doesnt dry at all. I follow it up with Sharps toner and the Baxter Oil-Free moisturizer.

At the moment I'm using Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser, but I will be switchin up next week...It's not a bad cleanser, I just find it too much for my skin at times...I think I'm going to try Cali North Gelskin...

Others I've used and quite likes are anthony glycolic & algea

Esoteric83 said:
At the moment I'm using Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser, but I will be switchin up next week...It's not a bad cleanser, I just find it too much for my skin at times...I think I'm going to try Cali North Gelskin...

I also have Anthony products in my rotation. Great product.

I've tried literally hundreds of cleansers and nothing tops Menscience in my opinion (only recommended for normal to oily skin though as the acids are likely too much for those with drier skin)

Esoteric83 said:

Ive heard many good things about dermalogica but most every one has stated that it is a bit drying. What skin type do you have? I found CN to be to drying for me, every time I stepped out of the shower my face was very tight.

I just ordered a sampler pack of Baxter's stuff. I'll report later this week after I have a chance to use some of them.

-Scotto

Scotto said:
I just ordered a sampler pack of Baxter's stuff. I'll report later this week after I have a chance to use some of them.

-Scotto

Baxter makes quality products, so dont be surprised if a couple win ya over. From time to time ill use the face wash when on a over night trip. I no longer tone my skin but when I did between sharps, menaji, and baxter....baxter got my vote. I could go on and on considering I have tried quite a bit of there products.

Let us know what you think

gage0921 said:
Ive heard many good things about dermalogica but most every one has stated that it is a bit drying. What skin type do you have? I found CN to be to drying for me, every time I stepped out of the shower my face was very tight.

I have combo skin and the dermalogica is just too much...At first I liked it, then it just got to me by the end of the bottle...It does dry my skin a little, but nothing major...I just ordered some CN and Menaji scrub from ME...I'd say that dermalogica is overpriced and under delivers...All the products I've used are 'OK' at best

Esoteric83 said:
I have combo skin and the dermalogica is just too much...At first I liked it, then it just got to me by the end of the bottle...It does dry my skin a little, but nothing major...I just ordered some CN and Menaji scrub from ME...I'd say that dermalogica is overpriced and under delivers...All the products I've used are 'OK' at best

I have combo skin as well and CN was even to much for me....good luck though.

I have oily skin and I've been using the California North Gelskin Wash for over a year and a half now. My skin has never looked better. Anthony's Glycolic wash also works really well.

rschul2 said:
I have oily skin and I've been using the California North Gelskin Wash for over a year and a half now. My skin has never looked better. Anthony's Glycolic wash also works really well.

Yes CN works very well for oily skin as it did for my oily parts but from my own experience combo or dry skin fellas should not venture there. I have also tried Anthony's glycolic and while it was a sample it did not leave my face overyly dried and I felt clean.

gage0921 said:
Baxter makes quality products, so dont be surprised if a couple win ya over. From time to time ill use the face wash when on a over night trip. I no longer tone my skin but when I did between sharps, menaji, and baxter....baxter got my vote. I could go on and on considering I have tried quite a bit of there products.

Let us know what you think

Being ignorant of lots of facial stuff, why don't you tone anymore?

Thanks

I've been using a home made concoction of Melt & Pour glycerin soap mixed with some ground up oatmeal, honey, and a little bit of castor oil to wash my face with great results. I also use this ala shave stick in the shower for shaving with great results.

Respectfully,

Schubert

Top Bottom