• Essays/ Stories

• Doodling

• Art (Scetches, drawings, etc.)

• Note taking

• Correspondence

• Pens? What pens?

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Daily diary writing, jotting down notes for work, letter writing, just scribbling down ideas to help me remember or to get inspired.

Most of the above. My hesitant attempts to learn drawing at this late stage have mostly been with pencil. Doodling? Well, everyone doodles sometimes, no doubt, but I don't know that I do it enough to check it off this list.

Journalling would include a lot of the above. My journal would bore me if it were nothing but blather about myself, so it includes poems, stories, things that I've learned (often after wondering about them for years before looking them up), essays on subjects that interest me, notes about current events. Okay, and blather about myself.

I do keep separate notebooks for stories which might theoretically one day be published.

I use a small notebook with alphabet tabs, a gift for which I had no other use, as a personal glossary or dictionary. When I learn a new word, it goes in there, sometimes.

A diet and exercise journal.

A notebook with notes for work.

A pocket notebook for any memos I need to make.

Not a lot of correspondence, as most people I know would rather get Emails and texts, at least most of the time. I do send off a few letters to a few people.

I use my pens for my daily notes at work, which I write in calligraphy using an italic nib - in the shop I just use a quick Lamy safari with F nib for those quick notes.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Daily note taking at work, doodling, list making, check writing, rare journaling (something I have yet to do on a consistent basis).

I use my fountain pens mainly for correspondence. I have two dozen or so people I write to on a regular bias. I also enjoy journaling too.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I am so very happy that 4 people voted for "art!" :thumbup1: :a4: I've asked the question about FP artists on B&B and all I got was crickets.

I can't believe that I forgot to put work as an option. :blush:

• Love
Reactions: Anu
Grading! I teach high school. And--for someone whose handwriting looks like what a raccoon would do to a cantaloupe with its claws trying to get inside--I love how switching to fountain pens has made me more deliberate about what I'm writing on student papers and why.

I use my fountain pens for writing everything from my journal to letters to checks to notes. I refuse to use anything other than one of my fountain pens. To write with anything less is just too horrid a thought to consider.

I do a lot of note taking during the day in my Midori - now Travelers Company(I guess) notebooks.

Also for letters, which I am way behind on.

In addition, just general things.

@Claudel Xerxes Erik - I have to admit this I'm a big fan of Family Guy having lived in Rhode Island for a awhile and every time I see your name, I can't help but think of Peter Griffin becoming a falconer and naming his falcon Xerxes. .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg1iLM4tG-c

Last edited:
Everything that requires a pen. I could probably count the number of times I've used anything other than a fountain pen in the last year on one hand.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I do a lot of note taking during the day in my Midori - now Travelers Company(I guess) notebooks.

Also for letters, which I am way behind on.

In addition, just general things.

@Claudel Xerxes Erik - I have to admit this I'm a big fan of Family Guy having lived in Rhode Island for a awhile and every time I see your name, I can't help but think of Peter Griffin becoming a falconer and naming his falcon Xerxes. .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg1iLM4tG-c

:lol: I'm fine with that.

Mostly lists and notes. Crossword puzzles. Whenever there's an excuse for it.

Composing my thoughts for things like emails and product reviews when there are more than four sentences or so. I think and express myself better with a pen in my hand than at the keyboard. Or at least it seems easier or more enjoyable.

Top Bottom