What's new

What do you use to store your loaded razors in ?

There's plenty of razor storage cases on the eBay and Amazon.

The problem is, I store my razors with blades in them, ready to use.

Most of the flap-closure cases I've tried are so tight, the flap ends up resting firmly against the blade, and this I believe will have a significant dulling effect. I stupidly purchased a highly rated leather case from Amazon and I could not use it with any of my DE razors, luckily it was a perfect fit for an Ever-Ready SE.

I could get one of these plastic storage boxes with multiple compartments, but I really prefer an individual case for each razor.

Also, don't want to spend more on a case than the razor ;)

Any suggestions ?

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
There's plenty of razor storage cases on the eBay and Amazon.

The problem is, I store my razors with blades in them, ready to use.

Most of the flap-closure cases I've tried are so tight, the flap ends up resting firmly against the blade, and this I believe will have a significant dulling effect. I stupidly purchased a highly rated leather case from Amazon and I could not use it with any of my DE razors, luckily it was a perfect fit for an Ever-Ready SE.

I could get one of these plastic storage boxes with multiple compartments, but I really prefer an individual case for each razor.

Also, don't want to spend more on a case than the razor ;)

Any suggestions ?
No suggestions, but I have the same question and hope to hear some creative and interesting ideas!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Stored with blades out here too. The razor in use, is simply dropped in a beaker with my toothbrush, so no fancy systems in my bathroom. The rest of the razors, are stored in elsewhere until required. I'll then use whatever blade is in the primary one if I'm shaving at home.

I do however have one of the plastic guards that slides over the head of a loaded razor. That seems to work quite well. I don't often use it though, as I take a different razor for travel, and dispose of the blade before I return.

I have to store my razors (at least the ones I use) in the master bathroom, I get up earlier than my wife and don't want to wake her up looking for a different razor to use in the morning.

The kids go rummaging through our cabinets every now and then looking for something, and stuff inevitably ends up on the floor. (Or in the toilet, on a bad day...)

A zamac razor on a stainless steel handle (and I like mine hefty) falling from 6 ft down onto a natural stone tile can create all kinds of damage both to the razor and to the floor.

So, head guards are not for me... needs to be a case that fully encloses the razor.

One thing that seems to work really well - as I just discovered - is a soft pouch for a multi-purpose tool, with a velcro strap. Just the right size, and the strap can be closed loose on the razor head.

I may start looking for a source for these pouches.

Will post a photo later.

I agree it would be prudent to have a good way to store 'loaded' razors. Two reasons I try to avoid that, except for the 3 or so I use regularly:
1. I've cut myself stupidly rummaging in a Dopp case for my razor, and
2. Even stainless steel rusts and the corrosion can be worse when two different metals are in close contact.
remove_rust.jpg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I have to store my razors (at least the ones I use) in the master bathroom, I get up earlier than my wife and don't want to wake her up looking for a different razor to use in the morning.

The kids go rummaging through our cabinets every now and then looking for something, and stuff inevitably ends up on the floor. (Or in the toilet, on a bad day...)

A zamac razor on a stainless steel handle (and I like mine hefty) falling from 6 ft down onto a natural stone tile can create all kinds of damage both to the razor and to the floor.

So, head guards are not for me... needs to be a case that fully encloses the razor.

How about a slide on head guard, inside a loose fitting pouch? I know it sounds like a faff, but might answer all the problems.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
One thing that seems to work really well - as I just discovered - is a soft pouch for a multi-purpose tool, with a velcro strap. Just the right size, and the strap can be closed loose on the razor head.

I may start looking for a source for these pouches.

Will post a photo later.
I got something along those lines that I use for my pocket knives, and I've been kicking it around in my head for my razors, they are called Sackups:
SK801n.jpg

There would probably be some wasted space as I don't think you can get two razors next to each other, but this may give you some other ideas. The material is very thick and spongy, I've got several of them for my pocket knives -- I've somehow managed to collect more razors than knives (never thought that would happen), but I may empty one out and see how it does with razors.

I bought a leather sheath from Amazon that covers the head of my safety razor. Very pleased with it. I typically use a blade for 3 shaves. Rinse and dry it thoroughly after each shave, but don't disassemble and clean it until changing the blade. When the razor is dry, I slip the sheath (it's open on one end) onto the head for storage until the next shave. Most of my razors are 3 piece, so I don't like disassembling them any more than I have to. I rarely nick or cut myself while shaving, but I did a bad number on a finger once while handling an unsheathed razor.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I don't store my razors individually so maybe not super relevant to your post, but here is my set up.

The clear case is actually a makeup organizer from Amazon. I like that its clear so while it isn't a display per say, everything is visible. The drawers on it are the perfect height for storing razors with no wasted space.

The top right display on the wall opens and keeps my loaded razors out of reach of curious little hands. I like the way everything looks and its functional.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
A long time ago I blindly stuck my hand in a drawer to grab a loaded razor and sliced my thumb. Ever since then I don’t store loaded razors.

I got something along those lines that I use for my pocket knives, and I've been kicking it around in my head for my razors, they are called Sackups:
View attachment 1028180

There would probably be some wasted space as I don't think you can get two razors next to each other, but this may give you some other ideas. The material is very thick and spongy, I've got several of them for my pocket knives -- I've somehow managed to collect more razors than knives (never thought that would happen), but I may empty one out and see how it does with razors.
Very cool option for storage. I have a stand with four razors in active use, and this looks like a nice cushioned option.

I would worry that the heads would bang into one another if stored as complete razors, even if spaced apart. Would it be possible to alternate razor head and handle in the pockets?

No suggestions, sorry - and I never store my razors with blades in them. For me, it would be a recipe for cutting diasters :w00t:
Absolutely agree. I remove the blade pat it dry (store it for next shave) then rinse and clean the razor and dry it back to a nice shine. When needed I add microcrystalline wax polish.

Top Bottom