What's new

what do you use to scoop cream out of the tub?

Well, so far I have been loading the brush right from the larger QCS tub, but I guess if I *did* have a shaving bowl, I would likely just use my finger to snurdelize (yes, it's a verb...).

I use a small butter knife that came with the flatware. I think it's a fancy butter knife, has a nice offset from the handle and it small, works great and SWMBO never missed it.

I have one of these exquisite snurdle scoops from Gillette:

$GilletteCreamDibber.jpg

Okay here's what I do. I fill a bowl with the hottest water on tap, stick my brush in a ceramic bowl from Wal-Mart, I hop in the shower and when I'm done I shake out my brush. Then I dump out the water in the ceramic bowl and refill it with fresh hot water. After my ceramic cup overfloweth I open the lid to my cream, take a whiff, stick my finger in there and plop it in a corelle brand bowl that fits over my ceramic bowl. Then I whip up some lather and shave. I'm sorry for that cop out, but I just couldn't drag this out any longer! Haha.

In essence. Finger.

Just use my brush. Never thought of using anything else. Gota check Theirs-Issard. They got to have something French with gold leaf that'll eat up half my paycheck.

Just purchased at an antique store, Mid 19th Century Coin Silver Bailey & Bowers Philadelphia Master Salt Spade.

proxy.php

If you can't go over the top (and off the edge), why bother doing it, eh Mike? :lol:

I use my brush. But when it comes to getting contents out of sampler containers - cream, soft soap or soap - I use a a popsicle stick. I usually take it all out of the small container and mash it into a regular size soap dish. A salt spade would be better for that.

-jim

lol. Why would spend money a spoon to scoop your cream into your brush? People will think you eat your shaving cream when they walk into your bathroom. lol

I just scoop a tiny bit on the tips of my brush and lather onto my face directly. I used to use a small ahh ahh stick, but it wouldn't let the extra cream come off easy.

Top Bottom