What's new

What Do You Use For Home Defense?

Some doofus wandered into my back yard yesterday while we were having dinner, likely looking for something easy to steal.

I chased him out, but was left unsettled. So before going to bed I upgraded my home defence. Came down to the basement to survey the options. Hefted the crowbar, the hammer, an oversized rolling pin. But being Canadian, there were only two options that seemed workable.

So I have a canoe paddle under the bed now. And you know what’s still in the basement. Doofuses watch out!

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Some doofus wandered into my back yard yesterday while we were having dinner, likely looking for something easy to steal.

I chased him out, but was left unsettled. So before going to bed I upgraded my home defence. Came down to the basement to survey the options. Hefted the crowbar, the hammer, an oversized rolling pin. But being Canadian, there were only two options that seemed workable.

So I have a canoe paddle under the bed now. And you know what’s still in the basement. Doofuses watch out!
Hockey stick.....Sher-Wood.

Home defense: P320 Sub Compact in 9mm.

Unless I happen to have a rifle or shotgun out.

Wow! I had forgotten about this thread!

Since I wrote the above I traded the P320 in on a Glock 17. Never really cared for a Glock, but it's a lot easier to handle than the P320 was with that little stubby grip.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Wow! I had forgotten about this thread!

Since I wrote the above I traded the P320 in on a Glock 17. Never really cared for a Glock, but it's a lot easier to handle than the P320 was with that little stubby grip.

I think the X-Series of the P320 line of Sig pistols ergonomics are heads above their first generation P320’s.

I have a X-Full which is a tack driver and I sleep, eat and live Glock pistols. :)

Mostly this one, because it shoots where I point it....

DSC_1815.JPG

Wife: Smith & Wesson Model 67 loaded with +p 158 grain hollow points and a double 12 gauge coach gun loaded with bird shot.

Me: Beretta M9 loaded with Federal Guard Dogs and a S&W MP15 loaded with 55 grain Federal soft point LE ammo. I also keep a Walther PPK/S in .380 handy just to stuff in my pocket.

I live in The Netherlands so a gun in the house is difficult.
So there is a big nasty serrated rockwool knife (technical a tool) and a trekking pole with sharp tip and heavy knob...

But Still want to change the bedroom door for something heavier
because as an old police officer me once told if you kick a burglar of your steps make sure he can no longer discus if he did that voluntarily or not because he can sue you for that.
And prevention is better.

heck better bury lots of Arko sticks around the house to keep them away

Beretta 1301 tactical. The stock forend looks like crap in my opinion, so I replaced it with the magpul forend. The guns operation is the same as the Berreta A400 I use most weekends on the sporting clays course. I felt it was important to use a platform I'm very familiar with.

I'm in the burbs...The homes are to close for a hand gun IMO...A custom shotgun is my preference....I used to have 2 Ridgebacks for assistance...an intruder would need a gun to get past them.

Top Bottom