What's new

What do you travel with?

I was just wondering what you guys took with you on the road and what you carried it in? We cant take our entire shaving den with us so what do you take for your bare essentials and what is the best way you have found to travel with them?

For a short trip, I take a Schick injector & blade cartridge, some stick soap and a plastic bottle of Speick AS balm. I keep these in a small zip-up bag with stick deodorant and a comb. For a longer trip, I'll pack some Mama Bear soap, a DE razor (user grade) and blades.

I take an unloaded DE, a pack of blades with a disposal slot on the back, a Body Shop synthetic brush, a shave stick or small soap tin with a travel sized puck and a small tube of L'Occitane ASB.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Here's a shot of typical travel gear that I bring on the road.
attachment.php

Just because you're travelling doesn't mean you have to live like a monk.

Check a bag.

Dr. Harris Shaving Stick
Tabac In a tube.
2-brushes in pill bottles.
1 DE razor, no blade.
A pack of blades
alum block
witch hazel
bay rum

1. One shaving stick (still trying out different brands, but one per trip) in a baggie.
  2. Tweezerman badger or Omega boar brush, in an improvised travel tube, a bottle that used to hold basil.
  3. A decent DE razor that I wouldn't be too upset if I lost. Last two trips it was a Schick Krona and a Parker 90R.
  4. Blades, if going by plane I either mail them ahead or count on finding a decent brand locally. That's why I travel with a DE even though I prefer injectors or SEs. I can rough it for a short time.

That's all I need, well, that and access to a decent bathroom. I don't really have a plan for camping.

Usually, I travel with a Crabtree and Evelyn travel badger brush, a shave stick of some sort, and some type of cartridge razor.

When travelling by car I take the Muhle R89 in the Muhle carrying case w/a box of Red Personnas, Cella, a stick of Arko, Nivea ASB, alum block cut in half and stored in an empty film cannister and shave brush.

When travelling by air I take all of the above except I take a fat handle Tech stored in a custom foam-lined carrying case (Altoids tin) and leave the Muhle at home. I also take a brush that I won't feel too terribly bad if/when someone pilfers my shaving gear at the airport.

I usually pack my dopp kit on any trip at all. I take both of my Merkur travel razors, straight bar and open comb, my Dovo stainless travel brush, usually a tub of Proraso soap. and 2 or 3 of whatever blade I'm using at the time. I'll also take along one of my Parker straights with a DE blade or two if I have the time for a straight shave. :thumbup1:

I usually take a Bic Metal or Feather Portable, Body Shop Synthetic, sample size SC/ASB, and a little travel container filled with Thayers. I recently added this little stainless steel mug for brush soaking/making lather in:

Just bacause you are travelling doesn't mean you have to lower your standards.

Though in my 20's I was travelling with a boar hair brush and leaving my good badger at home. Nothing else changed though!

I usually take a Bic Metal or Feather Portable, Body Shop Synthetic, sample size SC/ASB, and a little travel container filled with Thayers. I recently added this little stainless steel mug for brush soaking/making lather in:

love the mug - where did you get it - been looking for one for some time now

TIA
andy

I take a small brush in a tube, a soap stick (at the moment Wilkinson Sword), a DE and a pack of blades (or a cartridge if I will only have hand luggage), a tube of ASB and cologne samples.

If I have to fly, then definitely an easily recognizable modern cartridge razor, no DEs or anything exotic, that's just asking for trouble.

I pack a brush and a shave stick. I made the mistake of flying years ago with a pewter shave mug and nearly lost it (and the old formulation Blenheim Bouquet soap it contained) to customs in Eastern Europe.

I travel with less valuable shave items that if confiscated owing to the misguided belief they were bomb parts or something, won't result in a broken heart.

My good brushes, best soaps and DE razors stay at home.

I'm traveling about 3-4 days a week.

In my dop bag right now is:
6/8 Le Grelot
Cella
Alt Innsbruck
Shavemac Silvertip
DR Harris Lavender tube

For me it depends on how long I will be away.

For a short trip I take:
shave stick
DE razor
travel brush
WH
AS balm.

For a trip of more than a few days I take along a shaving mug and cream in addition to the above.

Top Bottom