What's new

What do you think

I am just starting out and looking to buy all the necessary gear need to go classic way of shaving. What do you all think about the the brush on this website: necessary http://www.ebarbershop.com/ShopSite/whole.html also, is the price for merkur HD good or not? Or if someone can suggest a good source to buy my razor and all the other stuff from, I will be very greatful.

The shave brush and DE are great starting points. Their prices are also attractive. Col. Conk soaps are good soaps for the price.

how long do the soaps usually last for?

Also, what is difference between soaps and creams besides the obvious?

Col. Conk soaps are made of glycerin and do not last as long as hard milled soaps. Nevertheless, they are good for a few weeks. Besides the obvious, shave creams and soaps are a matter of preference. Creams lather quicker and some gents find them more slicker. Soaps tend to give you closer shaves. Give them both a try and decide for yourself.

One point Andrew left out...it depends on how many other soaps and creams you have in your stable. I have a puck of Col Conk Amber that is over a year old, and nowhere near used up.

Randy

rohman said:
I am just starting out and looking to buy all the necessary gear need to go classic way of shaving.

Welcome ????(your name here) to the collective:

You will be assimilated; resistance is futile!

Marty

Top Bottom