What's new

What do you think will replace firearms?

In the year 2525.... Short answer, in 100 to 150 years I think it will be some form of weaponized bio tech for personal consumption. For government and strategic defenses it will probably be still some sort of projectile based defense.

Longer theory follows feel free to not read. If the generation under mine keeps turning away from a firearms and projectile based tools, doesn't start purchasing them at the current trend of ownership, doesn't take up shooting or hunting (that is the biggest catalyst in my opinion). Guns will still be around but not as prevalent in the USA. As the US gets less rural, less white less focused on the outdoor firearms sports and hunting. Less people will be buying as far as per person saturation wise. The people who own guns will buy more. while the number of guns per person will tick lower the physical people who own guns will drop drastically.

If we are not looking USA centric, guns are not as prevalent in other countries so what would be available for the masses, accessible, available renewable and sustainable will be the path to what succeeds firearms.

I'm not opposed to gun ownership, I own numerous but I haven't shot in 10 years. If we are looking worldwide, if people don't currently have a projectile based weapon they will not take one up.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Sling shots. After we've progressed from gathering rocks to throw at our enemies. This is assuming we are really only 9 meals away from anarchy, which could be caused by a few EMP's.....

I hope I'm wrong, but since I think that 90% of humankind is wicked at the core, I'm not optimistic!
After the EMP's have stopped them producing more bullets and the reloaders have run out of powder and primers those who invested in swords will be laughing

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
There's always flintlocks to fall back on. Crude black powder can be made low tech by enterprising individuals, as can bows and arrows. An EMP might be a good thing. All the snowflakes would melt. Natural selection, survival of the fittest, etc.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Ray guns
Rail guns
Water guns
Ink guns

Are all guns. Water guns don’t kill people, they don’t kill game meat and they are not used for sporting purposes.

They also cannot defend life, nor help or promote liberty. They cannot be used to resist tyrants or those looking to victimize.

Firearms kill, they also can be used to do all the other positive things listed above. If when replaced by some type of future technology, those looking to keep their freedom, and or rights to self protection, hunting, and the God given right to liberty and the pursuit of happiness, will use that future technology to keep it, from those who will use that same future technology to take it.

I understand the purposed question of the OP and the wrappings for this thread.

However, while the type of future weapons may change and obsolete today’s weapons that use gunpowder and a jacketed lead projectile.

Non regulars of this forum who post here should understand, human nature is and will always be the one constant of this equation.

In human nature, there will always be people and/or governments somewhere and some place, who will either use firearms of the present or weapons of the future to victimize, rule, conquer, intimidate and strip away the rights & freedom of innocent people.

And those innocent people will acquire those same weapons, whether acquired legally or illegally, to preserve and protect their rights, their freedom and their safety of self, loved ones and their liberty or continued hope of their liberty.

Ask any Ukrainian…

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
A bit off topic but humorous. I’ve been trying to find a Mossberg 500 left handed shotgun without success. I enlisted my son, a gun enthusiast, for assistance. He reported back that they were currently unavailable. I said that that was odd that left handed were all sold out. He replied that liberals probably thought that was the kind they should have 😂.

Ray guns
Rail guns
Water guns
Ink guns

Are all guns. Water guns don’t kill people, they don’t kill game meat and they are not used for sporting purposes.

They also cannot defend life, nor help or promote liberty. They cannot be used to resist tyrants or those looking to victimize.

Firearms kill, they also can be used to do all the other positive things listed above. If when replaced by some type of future technology, those looking to keep their freedom, and or rights to self protection, hunting, and the God given right to liberty and the pursuit of happiness, will use that future technology to keep it, from those who will use that same future technology to take it.

I understand the purposed question of the OP and the wrappings for this thread.

However, while the type of future weapons may change and obsolete today’s weapons that use gunpowder and a jacketed lead projectile.

Non regulars of this forum who post here should understand, human nature is and will always be the one constant of this equation.

In human nature, there will always be people and/or governments somewhere and some place, who will either use firearms of the present or weapons of the future to victimize, rule, conquer, intimidate and strip away the rights & freedom of innocent people.

And those innocent people will acquire those same weapons, whether acquired legally or illegally, to preserve and protect their rights, their freedom and their safety of self, loved ones and their liberty or continued hope of their liberty.

Ask any Ukrainian…
but acid guns with enough pressure... maybe niche for close range protection/attacks, but still...

I'm also in the crowd of humanity has been historically violent, and will continue to be for another few millennia at least. means and methods will continue to evolve/devolve, but human nature won't.

The defecation ray gun

Harmless but it might take extra time to get rid of the intruder if he takes the wrong door….

Attachments

• 513EBB69-F3CA-4F00-80AC-7B75AD05E0FE.jpeg
    513EBB69-F3CA-4F00-80AC-7B75AD05E0FE.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 8

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My grandma told me a story about an elephant. She was at the zoo and a man was yelling, teasing this old elephant. (She was a Democrat, so she said she wished it had been a Donkey, but I digress) Anyhoo, this elephant sprayed him, and just him.

A week later, true story doggone, according to her, and she wasn't from my part of the family that embellished stories, she was raised a Baptist; they get the lying gene removed upon Baptism.

So, where was I? Oh yeah, a week later she's there again, and the same man comes up to look at the elephant. Without missing a beat, he SOAKS the idiot!

I love that story! Miss Grannie, bless her soul.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
My grandma told me a story about an elephant. She was at the zoo and a man was yelling, teasing this old elephant. (She was a Democrat, so she said she wished it had been a Donkey, but I digress) Anyhoo, this elephant sprayed him, and just him.

A week later, true story doggone, according to her, and she wasn't from my part of the family that embellished stories, she was raised a Baptist; they get the lying gene removed upon Baptism.

So, where was I? Oh yeah, a week later she's there again, and the same man comes up to look at the elephant. Without missing a beat, he SOAKS the idiot!

I love that story! Miss Grannie, bless her soul.
FT, you are a piece of work indeed 😂.

Top Bottom