What's new

What do you think of this skincare/face routine for clear skin+ anti-aging?

AM
Wash with water / cleanser

• Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Moisturize
• Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Wait until moisturizer dries Sunscreen
• La Roche-Posay Anthelios Lightweight Lotion SPF 30

PM
Cleanse

• Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Wait until skin totally dry
• Stieva-A 0.01% [will be using this 1x first week, 2x second week, then 3x week regularly after that)
(Tretinoin USP 0.01% w/w)

Wait until skin totally dry
Moisturize

• Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

And I guess I can add my shaving routine that I'm compiling:

Pre-shave: (still looking - maybe something like Nivea sensitive lotion)

Shaver: OneBlade (cuts low and doesn't irritate skin - hoping this will help incase tretinoin/stieva-A is harsh)

Post-Shave: Cold water splash + Tend Skin (for razor bumps) + Thayer Witch Hazel Toner

I use Seba-Med gentle skin cleanser for washing my face in the morning and evening; Cerave AM and PM for skin moisturizing (Cerave AM is 30 SPF) ; Thayer Witch Hazel as a post-shave toner. I often use Proraso pre shave.

It depends on how oily your skin is.

I don't wash my face all that often, I use micellar water or an alcohol-free toner instead, on a bit of cotton. On the oilier bits I use some astringent with salicylic acid, and a scrub a few times a week to get rid of big pores.

Retinols are excellent, and if it's a low concentration, it should be well tolerated. You might also want to use hyaluronic acid.

I have found using hyaluronic acid serum has made my skin less sensitive and recovers faster from razor burn.

Last edited:

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
It depends on how oily your skin is.

I don't wash my face all that often, I use micellar water or an alcohol-free toner instead, on a bit of cotton. On the oilier bits I use some astringent with salicylic acid, and a scrub a few times a week to get rid of big pores.

Retinols are excellent, and if it's a low concentration, it should be well tolerated. You might also want to use hyaluronic acid.

I have found using hyaluronic acid serum has made my skin less sensitive and recovers faster from razor burn.
Do you use the hyaluronic acid serum before or after the shave?

Do you use the hyaluronic acid serum before or after the shave?

I use it at night only, before I put on a moisturizer.

There's another guy here who has had good results with it helping to keep his skin in good shape.

I have sensitive combination skin. Shaving, esp. a brush, can give me brush burn sometimes. I've found that routine helps.

I'm 59 and didn't use sun screen much when I should have. I use Sea Breeze astringent at night
which does a good job of cleaning my face, then I use either "Roc" deep wrinkle filler which contains
both hyaluronic acid and retinol or Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle daily moisturizer with sunscreen. My skin
looks pretty good for my age but you can't beat mother nature

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I use it at night only, before I put on a moisturizer.

There's another guy here who has had good results with it helping to keep his skin in good shape.

I have sensitive combination skin. Shaving, esp. a brush, can give me brush burn sometimes. I've found that routine helps.
Thanks, I have been using Dickinson's Witch Hazel since I started wet shaving this year with very good results, but at my age of 64 years I am always looking for ways to lesson the effects of aging. My dermatologist has recommended CeraVe with hyaluronic acid.

Top Bottom