What's new

What do you think of my gift for my father?

My father cancelled my get together with him for Father's Day because he got sick, so I wasn't able to give him his gift yet. Unfortunately, I am going to have to wait until next week to give it to him.

My father is the person who got me into wet shaving. He was disappointed to learn that Williams Mug Shaving Soap has been discontinued and is rapidly running out of his supply. To my knowledge it is the only shaving soap he has ever used.

So, I decided to get him some shaving soap and cream for Father's Day this year.

After looking around on the forum, it seems like Arko is somewhat comparable to Williams Mug in terms of price and performance, so I got him enough to hopefully last a year. I am hoping he might find it a satisfactory replacement.

I got a puck of Antica Barbieria Colla almond hard soap which is my favorite almond soap, I really like the Martin de Candre Fougere but I don't know if he will like the smell so I only got the smaller bowl of it. I threw in a puck of green tea scented Provence de Sante that I got for free due to a shipping mistake. And, lastly a tube of blue Proraso which is my favorite of the Proraso scents.

So, what do you all think? Do you think this is a Father's Day gift or is it kind of lame?

Attachments

• 20220620_135957.jpg
    20220620_135957.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
Eh... it's okay, it is a Vulfix pure badger. Same one he gave me as a Christmas gift. I don't hate mine, but I like my Semogue better and I just got a Simpson today that I'm eager to try. I've been thinking about getting him something better, possibly as a birthday gift.

I always like to give gifts that will be used, so I think it's nice.

BTW, it is Provence Santé (Provence Health) not Provence de Sante (Provence of health). Good soap and much more moisturizing than Williams.

When you toast someone in French, you can say "À votre santé!" (to your health).

Last edited:
My father cancelled my get together with him for Father's Day because he got sick, so I wasn't able to give him his gift yet. Unfortunately, I am going to have to wait until next week to give it to him.

My father is the person who got me into wet shaving. He was disappointed to learn that Williams Mug Shaving Soap has been discontinued and is rapidly running out of his supply. To my knowledge it is the only shaving soap he has ever used.

So, I decided to get him some shaving soap and cream for Father's Day this year.

After looking around on the forum, it seems like Arko is somewhat comparable to Williams Mug in terms of price and performance, so I got him enough to hopefully last a year. I am hoping he might find it a satisfactory replacement.

I got a puck of Antica Barbieria Colla almond hard soap which is my favorite almond soap, I really like the Martin de Candre Fougere but I don't know if he will like the smell so I only got the smaller bowl of it. I threw in a puck of green tea scented Provence de Sante that I got for free due to a shipping mistake. And, lastly a tube of blue Proraso which is my favorite of the Proraso scents.

So, what do you all think? Do you think this is a Father's Day gift or is it kind of lame?
How can a gift involving a year's supply of the wonderous Arko! be described as 'lame' ?!

An excellent selection of soaps.

Please let us know what your Dad likes there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom