What's new

What do you think is the most overrated razor?

WEISHI

I'm sick of hearing guys on this forum rave about their Weishi:

"The weishi is the best shaver in my arsenal"
"My Weishi gives me BBS with one pass"
"My Weishi saved my marriage"

hahahaha!:biggrin:

haha, I'm going to assume this one was a joke entry? :tongue_sm

OldSaw

The wife's investment
WEISHI

I'm sick of hearing guys on this forum rave about their Weishi:

"The weishi is the best shaver in my arsenal"
"My Weishi gives me BBS with one pass"
"My Weishi saved my marriage"

hahahaha!:biggrin:

They can do all that? Wow! I gotta get one of those. :lol:

The Weishi entry was definitely a spoof. On a serious note though, I think the Merkur Slant is extremely overrated. I'm not saying that it's not an excellent performer, but pretty much any of my open-combs puts it to shame.... including my $5 Gillette Milady. Furthermore, the warnings about shaving with it are really overdone.

I would say (from my limited personal experience) that long-handled slims are overrated. This is not me saying they are bad, but I think the hype has surpassed the shave-quality; I almost expect them to grant wishes based on some of the threads I read. "I put it on '7' and my back pain went away!"

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I would say (from my limited personal experience) that long-handled slims are overrated. This is not me saying they are bad, but I think the hype has surpassed the shave-quality; I almost expect them to grant wishes based on some of the threads I read. "I put it on '7' and my back pain went away!"

:lol: Were you dialing up or down?

Another can of worms from people who don't know the proper way to shave with an adjustable. That controversy alone makes adjustables the most overrated razor category.

:lol: Were you dialing up or down?

Another can of worms from people who don't know the proper way to shave with an adjustable. That controversy alone makes adjustables the most overrated razor category.

Just to be clear, the quote in my post was meant as an exaggerated joke. I have not set an adjustable to seven myself...

The slant (which I use about 25% of the time). It's a very good razor, but doesn't work any better than my other ones. Except with a Feather where it produces razor burn so bad my wife told me to stop using the combination.

Is the toggle overrated? People don't really praise it's performance. Just it's beauty. As a performer, it's very good, but not much better (if at all) than any other gillette adjustable. I like the extra weight though

Don't be silly, you have to set it to "8" before your back pain goes away. "7" is the setting to use for headaches/toothaches. :biggrin:

34c gets my vote.

My Parker 89r gives a better closed comb shave. 11c is easily the best Merkur and my favourite razor at the moment but, a Muhle R41 is in the post :001_smile:001_smile

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Just to be clear, the quote in my post was meant as an exaggerated joke. I have not set an adjustable to seven myself...

I wasn't trying to say that you didn't know how to use an adjustable, but rather stating the controversy that sometimes arises between the dial up and dial down factions. I just threw the "those who don't know how to use an adjustable" as a joke.

Top Bottom