What's new

What do you smoke/chew today ?

A good cup of coffee, a piece of dark chocolade and this ...

proxy.php

Is this just a standard MM corn cob painted black? If so, what kind of paint did you use?
I used FIEBINGS leather dye.
I polish with 600 grit sandpaper first. Then apply 2-3 layers of the dye and the next day I polish with a dry cloth. I repeat the polish after the first smoke (the bowl smudges).

proxy.php
[/URL]

Hi all! Just now signed up. I was brought here while doing some research about Snus: Swedish versus American, nicotine contents and other minutiae. I've been smoking Bugler RYO unfiltered cigs for about 4 years now and I'm beginning to notice the ominous smoker's cough and have been experiencing sore, irritated throat and other worrisome issues (I smoke about 8 of them a day, so not that many, but I figure they've gotta be at least twice as bad as even a filtered smoke!) so I've decided to quit. Again. Lol.
Anyway, I tried Camel snus, thinking I could use it sort of like nicotine gum in a harm-reduction kind of way. Blargh. They taste like a mixture of brown leaf stems (from trees in the fall...NOT tobacco) and Nutrasweet. I did some research and decided on a Swedish brand to try (General Onyx), found a local tobacconist that carries the brand (nice family place called Stag Tobacconist) and went on over. Sadly no Onyx, but they carried General and Jakobsson's so I settled on a can of General Original portion.

First impressions? Salty black Earl Grey tea! But this is NOT a bad thing - Hell, EG is awesome. Pretty good and smooth stuff. I feel like I'm using a premium product for connoisseurs rather than a candy-flavored gimmick marketed towards teenagers. They do seem to help with the urge to smoke but not entirely so I may need to go get either General stark portion or maybe Jakobsson's strong. Anyway, it's early in the game so we'll see how it goes.

....Wow, my bad guys, sorry to ramble! TL;DR hi, I'm Infrared, I live in Santa Fe, NM and today I'm enjoying General Original portion Snus! This seems like a cool community and I look forward to meeting you all.

I used FIEBINGS leather dye.
I polish with 600 grit sandpaper first. Then apply 2-3 layers of the dye and the next day I polish with a dry cloth. I repeat the polish after the first smoke (the bowl smudges).

Very cool. Looks great.

Yesterday I smoked a bowl of Cherry Brandy Mixture 79. Vile stuff.

Sitting on the deck with a 60 year old COMOY Blue Riband and a bowl of 40 year old English, and a nice cup of Tetley tea. Life just doesn't get much better than this.
Old briar and aged tobacco what a great combination.
While there is no shortage of beautiful new pipes, until you have tried an old English briar pipe, you really don't know what a fine smoke is.

luckily, I am at a point I never have to buy tobacco, as I have been lucky enough to have bought the contents of a couple of old tobacco stores where the owners had passed on. I have many pounds that were tinned in the '40's.

smoke well and often.....

Enjoying some Offroad Gold lös with Garage Hard Brew Orange Peel.

Snus is great but the beer is mediocre.

Pall Mall reds so far. Later on maybe after the kids go to bed I will probably load up some Maclellands Old World Classic Cake into my Bjarne sitter and pair it with a dram of Glenfiddich 18 year

....or sweet tea....

Top Bottom