What's new

What do you set your Gillette Adjustable too?

7 or 8 for a WTG and an XTG pass, then down to 3 (starting to experiment with 4) for an ATG finish.

Best shaves so far. On par with the (very good) shaves I got with a multiblade.

Both my Slim and Fatboy are set to 6, but I've been meaning to play with them a bit and see what kind of shaves I get.

I have used 3 for the reduction passes, and 2 for the final, atg pass. I am going to try 4 for the wtg, and stick with 2 for the atg.

I've been using my Slim on 7, but I'm debating whether or not to try it on 8. I think I will in a day or two.

Update: tried 8, liked it more than 7. Bumped it up to 9, and I haven't looked back.

Why? I'm now doing a 2-3 pass shave with some blade buffing, instead of a 4-6 pass shave with blade buffing. Much less irritation.

I set mine to 3, which I find to be optimal in terms of comfort, but not closeness. I think i've got to make better use of the adjustability during the shave. It could be that I could set it on 5 or 6 for the first pass, then dial down to 3 for the ATG pass I do on my neck to clean it up.

I use both a Slim ('62) and Fatboy ('60) and I run throught he settings:

3 -4 -5 - 6

6 is the final ATG pass...

so far so good, but I am terrified of these things set to 9! It would flay my face!

I have been using 4 or 5 with my Super and have received some incredible shaves (enough to consider selling my slant).
I just received a slim today and will try that out for the next week.

I have found that alot depends on the blade I have loaded in the razor. That is my favorite aspect of using an adjustable razor. You can simply adjust the gap to match the characteristics of any blade to get the desired effect, whether that be a BBS shave or your regular workday shave.

Top Bottom