What's new

What Do You Reach for After a TERRIBLE Shave

Ice water on the face for a few minutesas noted by a few
Trumpers skin food immediately on drying
Then Nivea for men moisturizer

Then for the next couple of shaves the Rex with a fresh Gillette 7 o'clock yellow just to reassure myself I know how to shave

First line of defense is alum stick, but I recently came across La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5.

My fiancée works in our city's corona field hospital and has been dealing with mask-induced irritation. One of her colleagues (dermatologist) recommended this balm, which has been a lifesaver for her skin. I recently gave myself some minor irritation in my problem area. This product cleared up the redness within minutes and the irritation within day, allowing me to not skip a day of shaves. Highly, highly recommend.

Asking for a friend :). Other than a drink, what do you reach for after a terrible shave? A shave that was so bad that after the second stroke you could feel the razor burn. Like a shave where maybe your lather was a little thin, you decided to do a diagonal ATG on your neck for the first time and the blade? The blade probably should have been changed two shaves ago.

What do you pull out of your den for such an occasion?
Usually the box the razor came in and my eBay account. I’ve been doing this long enough to know that with good prep and a good cream, a terrible shave shouldn’t wreck my face. My Timeless doesn’t let me down...
(That said, I have found Tend Skin to be effective in the past for razor burn.)

it depends on if I have any bleeders or not.. if yes, trumpers skin food or nivea. if no, l'occitane balm. that being said I just finished shaving with no irritation or bleeders and used zinger man wanderer balm for the 1st time and it's pretty stinkin nice.

Top Bottom