What's new

What do you put your soap pucks in?

Hey all,
Got a puck of haslinger and a sampler pack of col. Conk soaps. What do y'all put your pucks in to lather off them? I was thinking I might put one in a mug I was using for my tobs, and lather my tobs in a bowl I got. Any other containers you guys use?

And when I do use a soap puck do you rinse it off after you are done shaving or what do you do with it when you are done?

You can find glass and ceramic bowls of all sizes at cooking supply stores and thrift shops. Some of them should be a suitable size. Also, keep your empty soap containers when you have used up the soap for future use.

I just let my soap air dry for a day, then put it away. It doesn't make sense to me to wash soap after it is used.

I use soap or cream bowls that are now empty, Tupperware, and Anchor Hocking food storage containers.

I really like the glass Anchor Hocking containers, 1 cup size. Just the right size for a soap puck, lids fit nice and tight, and they're $5 for 4

Use an Old Spice mug. No need to rinse after use. That just wastes soap.

+1 on the mug and not rinsing.

I do not have an Old Spice Mug, but I do use a regular mug for storing harder pucks. I also don't rinse the puck after I'm done because that essentially washes off some of the soap.

I put mine in an apothecary mug, and leave it there until it's done. I only use one soap at a time until it's done though. All the other soaps that I have are wrapped. Every so often, one will come in a plastic tub and I'll use that (great for travel). When I'm done, I rise off the excess later from the mug.

+1 on the mug and not rinsing.

I do not have an Old Spice Mug, but I do use a regular mug for storing harder pucks. I also don't rinse the puck after I'm done because that essentially washes off some of the soap.

That makes me +2.

The left over lather can dry and be brought back to life the next time you shave. I bought my soaps to go on my face before going down the drain.

I generally lather in the container it comes in. However, the tea company I order loose leaf teas from had small screw top UV coated clear containers that were used for 6oz sized. They discontinued using this size in a lot of varities. But I am keeping the couple I have, also if your signifigant other, siblings, children, parents, who ever uses any skin products, a lot of them come in 4-8oz screw tops that are good for storing loose pucks in.

usually in a mug, but I broke another today. thankfully it was a $0.50 goodwill special, so I'm not out a lot of money.

I picked up a four pack of the "Pyrex" 1 cup glass bowls with lids at Wal-Mart. Perfect size for shaving pucks (Williams, VDH, Arko). Pyrex was more than the house brand, but I wanted the green lids and not the red ones.

Top Bottom