Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Electric

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Other (please elaborate)

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
It would be interesting to see these figures. You can change your vote whenever you want.

This is my current setup. Edwin Jagger DE89, Personna Lab Blue blades, Proraso Green or Red, my pure badger brush and my wooden shaving bowl.
proxy.php

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Hi,

Fasan Double Slant. Been that since 2013 when I got my first one.

Then, I changed the handle to a spare from a Pre War Tech:

Then, I picked up one with the metal top cap in 2014:

Then I changed that handle:

And I usually use that configuration.

The only time I change up is October when we do Open Comb month (OCtober):

And, here we see my one and only Single Edge, a Schick Type C Repeater. This is also my ground travel razor. The reason for seven OC razors is so I have a Seven Day Set. They are arranged by age, and I use them for the seven days in that order.

Stan

Last edited:
I have about 15 DEs that I use in rotation. At one time I also had SE and injectors but now stick to DEs.

I have 8 DEs now, all in rotation. Somehow I can't imagine putting in the effort to maintain a straight, and I get such close shaves now with the DEs I can't see investing in an SE.

Used my Gillette Slim mose of my shaving life, but recently my brother gave me our fathers Gillette Fatboy and now enjoy shaving with it due to the fatter handle. Also like to use my Weber PH it also gives me a nice shave, All my DE's get an Astra SP or a Wilkinson Sword blade.

In the last 6 months have been using AC SE razors more. Previously was a DE shaver. Could be I haven't found the right DE yet, but AC SE's seem to give a more efficient longer lasting shave. Current razors are a Black Aluminum General and an ATT Windsor SE1 with some Schick injectors mixed in. Primary DE razors were Timeless Ti .68SB and ATT Windsor CM1 or SSR1 with Timeless Bronze .38SB and Timeless Aluminum mixed in. Occasionally I would use some vintage Gillette's and a couple Schick Kronas. Not sure what caused me to try an AC SE, but once I did I noticed the shave difference. I started with a RR Black Hawk V2 then a RR SS Hawk V3 but wound up selling both Hawks.

I primarily use DE razors due to their easier maneuverability compared to the SE razors. SE razors give me trouble around my Adams Apple due to the length of the blade and the growth pattern of my beard.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I have 5 DE razors I’ve been using favouring 3 of the milder variety. I have a 60’s Super Speed and a Tech coming if they ever arrive in the post. Looking forward to shaving with them. I used to occasionally use a straight, but have developed a slight tremble in my hand, so that doesn’t work. Until I sort out the shakes I’ll continue safely managing with my DE’s.

Shaving regularly enough with my straight I'll probably put my rockwell up on the BST in the near future. Such a great razor shouldn't go unused

Karve Christopher Bradley in brass with a B solid bar plate 98% of the time, and whenever I stray from it I tend to wish I hadn't!

Stirling soaps (various scents), Paragon Plisson brush, and Astra SP blades. This is my current daily setup, and I am very pleased with it.

While I enjoy my DEs and my AC SE and I've been reconnecting with them lately, the truth is that I shave mostly with cartridge razors, usually the Trac II or Bic Flex 5 Hybrid.

<Insert pause for the inevitable gasping and pearl clutching...>

Why cartridges, you ask? Because I can easily and effectively get a great shave in two passes, even in problematic areas like my neck, with little to no risk of nicks, weepers, or cuts. To do the same thing with my other razors takes three or sometimes four passes and some cleanup, even after a dozen years of practice. Learning traditional shaving and prep techniques along with using brush and soap eliminated the problems I used to have with cartridges, so why not go with what works? I'm not really in it for some Zen experience, I just want to remove the hair from my face.

Top Bottom