What's new

What do you look for in a barber

So, my barber of 5 years is moving out of state and I'm in the process of finding a new barber. Just wondering what everyone looks for in a barbershop/barber, other than the ability to cut hair.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
other than the ability to cut hair.

That's pretty much it for me. The ability to cut my hair how I like it.

I'll switch barbers every week until I find one that does it how i like it. But once i find that guy, he's MY barber.

The barber needs to be focused on his client, not his cell phone or anything else. And a good haircut should take longer than 5 minutes, don't trust someone who rushes through your cut.

A barber who is adept at using scissors or clippers. One who also shaves is nice too. Plus a glass of hooch, if you want.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Convenient location. Anymore, I just do a #3 on top, and a #2 on the sides. That is pretty hard to mess up. Two haircuts ago I decided to splurge and get a shampoo then cut. The woman had strong hands and the water was so warm. I forgot how pleasant and relaxing it was to have someone wash you hair. Call me strange, but I went back to the same lady the last time. If getting your hair washed is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Just to find one. There's such a shortage of barbers around here that men have go to beauty parlors - and they don't beautify us one bit.

My current barber of 2 years always says "it's easy to cut hair, but a good barber knows when to stop". I always thought it was great advice.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
A good haircut. If he wants to answer the phone to take an appointment or talk to his wife for a few minutes about something that needs to happen, that's no problem. Beyond that, a reasonable price.

I love my barber.

Top Bottom