What's new

What do you like in a Handle? What floats your boat?

Well I tried it out with the Tom's cream and it worked great. The loong thinner handle seems to make for a more natural whipping action (like whipping eggs with a wisk). It splayed a bit when loaded with cream and shed a few bristles.
It's bloomed like crazy and I'm going to have to modify my rack to fit it, it's to small for the 1 inch wide brush slots so I'll have to enlarge a razor slot..
Thanks for the kind comments.

The only thing I have to compare it to is my machine made Best Badger brush from Shavemac for $35. This brush is much softer as it has the natural tips and says it's Silvertip. It's also denser. It whips up the cream faster with less strokes. It's shed a bit but I hope that's just cause it's new and as you can see from the pics it bloomed like a rose. Time will tell how it hold up, but so far I like it a lot.
There also doesn't seem to be any other suppliers that I've been able to find using Google.

Bob,

That is some beautiful work. Personally, the overall design is not my preference, but I can recognize and appreciate the beautiful craftsmanship. Beautiful selection of wood, and you now have a brush that can become a family heirloom. Congratultions on "turning" out such a magnificent piece!

Randy

Hey Bob!

You've got some talent there! What would it take to make a brush in silvertip, 24mm knot? What size of holder would it fit in?

Thanks Bob!
~Tim :cool:

Top Bottom