What's new

What do you lather your Pre De Provence in?

I recently picked up some Pre De Provence No. 63 and have had a difficult time finding an appropriate soap dish to lather it in seeing as it's square and not round like most other shaving soaps.

My question is to all of you that use, or have used Pre De Provence shaving soaps. What do you keep the soap in when lather it and/or store it in?

I have used both a mug and the tin. I am currently using the tin, because I can't get the soap out. Either way is fine. The tin is better when traveling.

I recently picked up some Pre De Provence No. 63 and have had a difficult time finding an appropriate soap dish to lather it in seeing as it's square and not round like most other shaving soaps.

My question is to all of you that use, or have used Pre De Provence shaving soaps. What do you keep the soap in when lather it and/or store it in?
Off topic but can you please tell me what the scent is like? I can't get a good description from anyone and I want to buy the No. 63 soap!
Thanks

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Are you sure you bought the shave soap?
1652823865038.png
1652823890636.png

@Batman @smu
I am not sure what tin you're referring too. The soap I received was shrink-wrapped and only had a sticker label on it (which I've kept).

@LRod
I actually have the No. 63 and it smells great. It's sort of a woodsy with some spice. It's not overbearing at all though. It's very classy and lingers which is a good quality since it does smell very good. Check out my thread called "Soap/Cream recommendations that wow!" It was recommended to me and seeing as I like it a lot, I picked up the matching aftershave for it.

I have pdp no 63 and bergamot and thyme. I don't keep the soap in the tin when lathering it for a shave. You can use it as a shave stick and rub it on your face and create lather like that or you can hold the soap in one hand and load on top of it.

I have pdp no 63 and bergamot and thyme. I don't keep the soap in the tin when lathering it for a shave. You can use it as a shave stick and rub it on your face and create lather like that or you can hold the soap in one hand and load on top of it.
Right on! Thanks for the suggestion.

So basically, you remove it from the tin, use it, then put it back in for storage?

Reactions: Ron

I think you seem confused. The pre de provence shave soap is ROUND. Maybe you are referring to the body soap? that is rectangular and it's not a shaving soap.

I think you seem confused. The pre de provence shave soap is ROUND. Maybe you are referring to the body soap? that is rectangular and it's not a shaving soap.
Yeah, I replied to rockviper realizing as much. I actually have already placed an order for the real deal. :)

Right on! Thanks for the suggestion.

So basically, you remove it from the tin, use it, then put it back in for storage?
you could do that. I don't like lathering in the tin because the soap gets stuck in there and it's hard to remove it. I like to either lather by using the soap as a shave stick, rubbing it on your face or holding the puck in one hand and loading on top of it. But in the end, it's what you wanna do.

Yeah, I've never tried using the pre de provence no 63 body soap as a shave soap.
Lol well let me tell you.... It actually works just fine. So fine that I didn't notice I was using the wrong version of the soap. The only tell-tale was that it would brush onto my face white like most all shave soaps but sort of disappear in appearance after a minute or so. Otherwise, I couldn't really tell it was just a normal wash soap.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I don't want to be a fly in the ointment but have you considered bowl lathering. I never have to worry how the soap or cream is packaged. I just scoop out a dollop, smear it thin in the bottom of my shaving bowl... pick a damp brush and start lathering.

As some people were saying, the round aluminum tin is a bit small. It works all right for storing the soap, but I would get another container or hold the soap puck in your other hand when loading it. It will be much easier to load the soap from something like this 90mm diameter PETG container.

1652851666068.png

Top Bottom