What's new

What do you keep your Williams puck in?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I've got a puck of vintage Williams soap. Right now I don't have a container for it.

I'm looking for something that I can put it in and reuse when I get another puck. Or use for any other soap puck of similar size. I don't like the pucks to move around in the mug/container. So nothing to wide or to deep. I load the brush from the container and face lather. So I don't need anything big enough to build lather in. Just the perfect size for a puck with no play.

What ya got?

Thanks!

Haven't tried Williams so don't know the size, but I have a spare Old Spice mug. If you'd like it PIFed your way, send an address.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Haven't tried Williams so don't know the size, but I have a spare Old Spice mug. If you'd like it PIFed your way, send an address.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Dang that's super nice of you but I don't think it will fit snugly in the mug. Thanks though!

You can always grate it to make it fit any container. I made a shave stick out of a vintage puck that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I'd rather not grate it. I did have one that I grated and it just didn't feel the same to me anymore.

Old Spice mugs are too big for Williams pucks, unless you grate it and mash it down.

For a while I was using this child's mug:
full

It was a perfect fit.
full

But the mug is rather precious as it is something of a family heirloom.

Nowadays I use a "stickified Williams", in a jumbo glue stick container, for face lathering.
full

(Grate it, add a bit of water, then mash it into the tube with the piston all the way down)

[edit]
I'd rather not grate it. I did have one that I grated and it just didn't feel the same to me anymore.
Oops.

Once you use the puck a few times it will stick to the bottom of almost any mug. @.soap.'s mug probably might have little plastic 'grabbers' at the bottom to hold the puck in place. My vintage Williams resides in a fairly large, round bottom White Castle mug which it has conformed to over time and doesn't slide around.... Old Spice mugs came in two sizes if I recall..

I've got a puck of vintage Williams soap. Right now I don't have a container for it.

I'm looking for something that I can put it in and reuse when I get another puck. Or use for any other soap puck of similar size. I don't like the pucks to move around in the mug/container. So nothing to wide or to deep. I load the brush from the container and face lather. So I don't need anything big enough to build lather in. Just the perfect size for a puck with no play.

What ya got?

Thanks!
I was a faithful Williams soap user for many years. And during most of that time I kept my Williams pucks in an vintage porcelain restaurant coffee mug. Back in the old days coffee mugs were smaller and it was the perfect size for a Williams puck. Or you can try one of the Pyrex 1 cup size containers. Once the puck is wet it sticks to the container like cement. And they stack well.

Try a Dollar Store or two. They usually have a decent selection of coffee mugs, bowls and such, might find something just right for Williams.

Williams seems to belong in an OS mug for some reason...

As an aside, whatever you find that works will be just right for Haslingers too.

Last edited:
Here are some options:

Williams Bicentennial, Seaforth
proxy.php

Currier & Ives
proxy.php

Williams Milk Glass, Surrey
proxy.php

Avon Ironhorse
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
KJ you gave me an idea. I might have some milk glass mugs that it will fit in.

Well, since nobody has thrown it out there yet...

I'm not sure about the vintage Williams, but I keep my modern Williams in the trash.

I say check out the local thrift store. You're bound to find something unique that works well.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
No go on the milk glass. The china cabinet was a bust.

Well, since nobody has thrown it out there yet...

I'm not sure about the vintage Williams, but I keep my modern Williams in the trash.

I say check out the local thrift store. You're bound to find something unique that works well.
Do you ever empty your trash? Or do you just always have a Williams puck in there? Kinda like the baking soda in the fridge trick? Seems odd either way.

Top Bottom