What's new

What do you keep your Baccy in?

Lots of suggestions of Baccy containers in this month's Tobacquisition thread, I thought I'd nick @Rotflmao's suggestion of having a dedicated thread.

I've just received a wonderful Baccyflap:

full

full

I also find old snus boxes really handy, they hold about a half ounce, they also have a container in the lid which whilst not airtight is still handy for drying out a coin or two:

full

full

I also have been known to use this:

full

And finally from me, something I've been meaning to pick up for the ick factor, a WW2 Foot Soap container 2oz, which I think would be perfect, still going to have to grab one eventually:

full

"Moneybags" @Kentos is currently rocking our priciest option (I hear he also has a private island off the coast of Mauritius that he rules with an iron fist):

full

full

This is the Morgan Pipes Aluminium Baccyflap copy, The Flapjack.

Also, throwing a bone to us plebs, he suggested something that is far more appropriate for our social standing:

full

@pault suggested KFC as the new hot destination for all your Baccy container needs:

full

He may be on to something there.

@Rotflmao suggested this, which is a cool idea:

full

And @Alacrity59 obviously only smokes tobacco for medicinal purposes as he suggested these snazzy pill boxes:

full

Oh and last but not least, you could always take a leaf out of Sherlock Holmes's book and keep it in a manky old slipper, Persian, of course:

full

Hope people don't mind me nicking their pictures, I just thought it would be nice to have them all in one place and have somewhere people can upload some pics of what they use.

Last edited:
Jars, lots of jars. A couple Leather pouches when I go fishing.

Yeah I probably should of specified these are for your daily, out and about tobacco, maybe I should have called it "What do you carry your Baccy around in?", I'm presuming everyone uses mason jars for long-term storage.

I've always fancied one of those old school leather pouches with the draw string but never got round to getting one.

Last edited:
Truth is I rarely carry my tobacco around, I have a leather pouch never use it much. If I travel the jar or tin(s) come with me. 99% of my tobacco enjoyment is in or around my home or I take a pre packed bowl with me for a walk. So mostly jars jars jars of all sizes.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Lol “moneybags”? I will have you know I had to stop using 100 bills to wipe my behind as the new embedded security strip chafed.

Lol “moneybags”? I will have you know I had to stop using 100 bills to wipe my behind as the new embedded security strip chafed.

I feel for you, these modern plasticky notes we have in Europe just don't have the absorbancy of the old ones :D

Got me a small Rattray's stand up pouch in the barley colour recently for my out and about baccy. Have to say I really like it. Before that I used to use an empty tin from Capstan flakes, the old rectangular shaped ones.
tp2_barley_3.JPG

I just toss a mitt full of loose baccy in the pocket of my jeans. The mingling with the pocket change and keys rubs it out for you. Unfortunately it does absorb humidity from your sweaty legs if your working in the heat but it’s still easily kept lit due to the addition of pocket lint which burns quite nicely and with barely any additional taste.

Next you'll be saying they don't burn like they used to, and you've started burning wood to stay warm.

You laugh but I had to refurb more than one fireplace when they first started issuing them, luckily I eventually learnt my lesson and also happened to have a large supply of Dunhill white spot pipes to hand, they burn wonderfully and have been keeping me going for the last couple of winters, not sure what I'd do without them.

20190814_185809.jpg

I have a few of these small food storage containers that I keep my current rotation in. They have a large o ring seal and are awesome at keeping tobacco from drying out- this one has Navigator in it since late April and it's still perfect! I use a piece of painter's tape to write the blend on, when I empty it I can easily pull it off and refill with something else. And they seem to not hang on to odors, so no ghosts of what was in there previously.

Thought i would post an update here. I have ceramic tile floors and glass jars are used to hold stuff not in rotation as if dropped they would shatter.
So back in march i got these containers from the dollar store , most are 3 or 4 for a buck. I kind of like the 2-3 cups ones from either Rubbermaid or betty crocker, the no names brand are more brittle and are not flexible imo. I have had these for 6 months and really stayed well, yes lost some moistness but they needed it as well, the only one out of all the blends that got dry, still smokable was the hh burley cake, all the other are great. When i empty one i will refill it, and i too use painters tape to write the brand on it and change it when the blend changes. 6 months now and very happy with the results. I have cube cut, flake, slices and all seem fine. Ymmv...
proxy.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The small Cvault works great. Mine is currently in my truck, filled with Milan Tobacconist's King's Ransom.

proxy.php

They're really cool, not seen them before, I may have to get one.

Took my Baccyflap out for it's first spin, 2 days in Cahors and it kept the tobacco surprisingly fresh for the whole trip, I was really pleased with it.

Top Bottom