What's new

What do you guys think of parker brushes?

I didn't care for the one I owned. It shed like a dog and was floppy. Maybe I got a dud.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Both of these comments echo my experience.

Bought a pure badger in the black and chrome handle cuz it looked good, turns out it was too floppy to lather on face or in a bowl. This is where I decided I liked a brush with lots of backbone

These days it's relegated to my Clubman powder duster

Although I have never used one, based on other people feedback I strongly believe there are better options.
Better options indeed. I don't recall what I paid for it, at least $20 not really knowing anything about brushes and thinking it was this or $200 for a Simpson chubby.

Then comes Stirling with a $30 finest badger that's amazing!

Better options indeed. I don't recall what I paid for it, at least $20 not really knowing anything about brushes and thinking it was this or $200 for a Simpson chubby.

Then comes Stirling with a $30 finest badger that's amazing!
really it was to floppy i thought parker was a good brand.

really it was to floppy i thought parker was a good brand.
I'm not knocking Parker, I've heard the Variant was a success. BUT it seems to me that Parker markets to the "new and uninformed" with stylizing and flash. I also had the 99R TTO and was ok with it.....until I got my EJ DE89 followed shortly by a vintage Gillette Slim....that 99R quickly went to a "friend" lol

I'm not knocking Parker, I've heard the Variant was a success. BUT it seems to me that Parker markets to the "new and uninformed" with stylizing and flash. I also had the 99R TTO and was ok with it.....until I got my EJ DE89 followed shortly by a vintage Gillette Slim....that 99R quickly went to a "friend" lol
not aggressive enough or just not your type of razor?

Yeah both. Flashy but ineffective. For some reason I feel like all TTO razors should be adjustable. I know that's crazy.

Also it had a really long handle which I discovered I don't care for.

I don't have any Parker 3 piece, only one of those I have is the EJ DE89. And soon to be Muhle R41 next month
i hear good things about black badger parker brushes i guess those have good backbone i might have to try one i like brushes for my coarse beard like pure or black etc

i hear good things about black badger parker brushes i guess those have good backbone i might have to try one i like brushes for my coarse beard like pure or black etc
If you want backbone I highly recommend Stirling 26mm finest badger. Not scritchy at all but wonderful backbone and a great price. In fact worth it at twice the price.

My experience is Parker brushes (pure badger in particular) are a floppy mess as was mentioned earlier.

Top Bottom