What's new

What do you guys think about YSL M7?

I actually have a bottle of this and it is one of my favorite winter or cool weather scents ever. It is a designer scent but has the quality of a niche fragrance.
Longevity is well above average as well.
I would like to hear what my fellow BBers think about it.

To me, it's Egoiste with cherry cough syrup instead of rose. That said, I prefer it to Egoiste. But my M7 is vintage...and soooo good.

It's a typical Tom Ford frag: Damn good

I only have Oud Absolu. Gives off a thick, Dr. Pepper vibe, oddly sweet and dry at the same time, but definitely warm. My girlfriend isn't a fan, she says "I don't know if I like that one..." I'll give it another shot when it starts to get colder, I'm thinking this scent will perform noticeably better in the fall/winter.

I only have Oud Absolu. Gives off a thick, Dr. Pepper vibe, oddly sweet and dry at the same time, but definitely warm. My girlfriend isn't a fan, she says "I don't know if I like that one..." I'll give it another shot when it starts to get colder, I'm thinking this scent will perform noticeably better in the fall/winter.

I dont think m7 and oud absolu share any similarity at all.

Here is what I figured out when researching M7 before purchasing YSL M7 Oud Absolu:

There are three versions: vintage, reformulated, then Oud Absolu, which is the newest. Apparently, the reformulated and Oud Absolu smell almost identical. However, the vintage differs from both the reformulated and oud absolu. Vintage is said to be much stronger and harsher, and to have a very distinct cherry cough drop kind of note, that of which is quite muted in the other versions. I have never smelt the vintage or reform, but bought M7 Oud Absolu because I wanted to see what all the hype was about, but didn't want to shell out big bucks for the Vintage, which by most accounts would probably be too strong for me anyways.

my $0.02.

I like both M7 vintage and the newer, reformulated version. I find them very similar, although the vintage is noticeably stronger and, yes, harsher is probably accurate. The reformulated version gets dissed a lot, but it's still one I enjoy wearing and I've gotten unsolicited compliments on it several times. The newer M7 Oud Absolu seems more different that the other two, to me. If I didn't have both of the others I'd probably be more interested in it, but it didn't seem to be a necessary addition for me.

I have M7 and M7 Fresh. I prefer the Fresh version. I suggest spritz and walk through for both. M7 for a cold night and the Fresh works in daytime. Just create a mist and walk through.

It's ok
I love oriental wood fragrances. Got a 5ml sample a while back, which I believe was the newer juice. Not a big fan of oud tho...
To me it's a little hard to pull off, seems more geared to the older gent. The guy with a little more peppered hair then the handful I've been finding shaving and the daily routine.
It's Manley, dark damp woods without the over bearing flowers or fruits some have.
Tom ford was the nose behind it.... For some people that's more then enough.
Spending what some people want for it is a whole other talk, yet people love it enough to pay it. Nothing wrong with that!
As far as discontinued woody orientals I keep an eye out for at a reasonable price... Gucci Envy. Just a little more versatile IMHO!

Last edited:
Top Bottom