What's new

What do you gots in your pocketses. EDC.

This seems to be a popular topic on some of the knife forums. I thought it would be interesting to see what people here carry on there person every day (your EDC - Every Day Carry). Here's mine:

[
full

From the top, going clockwise
1. Keys and all of those little bar code membership cards we accumulate.
2. Beeper in case the wife needs me (she's pregnant and I can't have a cell phone in my building at work for security reasons.)
3. Burt's Bees lip balm.
4. Altoids Strips for minty fresh breath.
5. LIVESTRONG bracelet for a friend that is fighting cancer.
6. Mission Wallet in rayskin containing:
a. A small Chris Reeve Sebenza
b. Space Pen
c. ID, cash, and credit cards.
7. Small Moleskine Weekly Planner.
9. Ericsson R520 cell phone. Still one of the best performers out there.
10. Leatherman Micra (scissors version) and Photon Microlight.
11. Atwood Prybaby in S30V steel.
12. Timex Expedition Watch. Probably keeps better time than the Omega I lust for.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
What I actually carry in my pockets doesn't justify a pic! One handkerchief, one car key, 3 silver dollars.

Randy

Too weird.... I carry a Large CR Sebenza most of the time.... OUTSANDING knife. I've hd mine for 6 years now - never let me down.

For me it is basic... Wallet, Omega Constellation (or Raymond Weil), Sebenza (Or Microtech, Darrell Ralph Custom Apogee, William Henry - etc) keys (with photon light) and my trusty Maui Jim Whaler Sunglasses.

joel said:
Too weird.... I carry a Large CR Sebenza most of the time.... OUTSANDING knife. I've hd mine for 6 years now - never let me down.

For me it is basic... Wallet, Omega Constellation (or Raymond Weil), Sebenza (Or Microtech, Darrell Ralph Custom Apogee, William Henry - etc) keys (with photon light) and my trusty Maui Jim Whaler Sunglasses.

Yep, the Sebenza is a fantastic, very low key knife that doesn't seem to alarm the sheeples. I would love to have a large, but I can't carry it on the military installation I work on (they limit blade length to 3"). I'm actually getting ready to sell off most of my knives since I carry the Sebenza pretty much exclusively. Occasionally, I'll carry my Benchmade 330S or an Al Mar Osprey when things need to be a little smaller.

rtaylor61 said:
What I actually carry in my pockets doesn't justify a pic! One handkerchief, one car key, 3 silver dollars.

Randy

Hey, there is something to be said for a minimalist load :) I'll probably thin things down soon. If my buddy's PET scan comes back clean in a few weeks, the bracelet will go. I'm also thinking of selling the Prybaby as it doesn't get used much, no matter how cool it is. I do need to add a hanky to the mix, if only because Ted Nugent says so.

murchmb said:
Hey, there is something to be said for a minimalist load :) I'll probably thin things down soon. If my buddy's PET scan comes back clean in a few weeks, the bracelet will go. I'm also thinking of selling the Prybaby as it doesn't get used much, no matter how cool it is. I do need to add a hanky to the mix, if only because Ted Nugent says so.

Gonzo said to carry a hanky??? Is that just in case you get into a "Free For ALL"? Glad to know I'm in good company!

Randy

Excellent idea.

full

In no particular order:
  • Motorola T720 - The first phone that I spent big bucks on instead of getting the 'free with 2 year contract' phones. Gigantic turd. Sometimes I drop it on cement on purpose, but the darn thing won't die.
  • Guess Wallet
  • Large Sebenza - Clip removed because denim seems to be a touch too thick for it.
  • Fisher Telescoping Space Pen (I'm noticing a pattern Mike) - When I don't wear a shirt with a pocket, which ends up with a ballpoint of some variety in it, I'll throw this in my front pants pocket. I popped some pics of the pen itself in my gallery just because I think it's a pretty neat pen.
  • Some folded paper - Optional, if I know I'll need to take notes or a number or something or other.
  • Canon Powershot S400 - Also optional.
  • A couple sets of keys.
  • Breathalizer - For when I go out drinking with friends. More of a novelty than a practical device, but it's fun to pass it around and have each person (except the designated driver!) keep trying to 'better' their scores.
  • Wad o' cash
  • Maui Jim Kahunas
  • Seiko Kinetic Auto Relay
  • Postdated check from a friend who writes too many checks.
  • Random receipts which never seem to find their way to the rubbish bin.
-Nick

There is a gallery at Flickr called "What's In My Bag" that is very similar to this. It's amazing what some people carry with them!

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Gonzo said to carry a hanky??? Is that just in case you get into a "Free For ALL"? Glad to know I'm in good company!

Randy

"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Wallet
Keys
Microlight
Zicar pen
St Moritz titanium watch
Swiss Army knife (small)
Small Sebenza OR Benchmade Opportunist

If I'm in jeans, it's the Sebenza clipped to the pocket. If in slacks, the Benchmade in the pocket.

Mike: Where did you get that Mission wallet? Way cool!

full

DoubleE said:
Mike: Where did you get that Mission wallet? Way cool!

I got it for Christmas. You can get them at Bladeart. The rayskin version doesn't show up on the website yet.

Mike

Edit: Whoops, it shows up now.

Clockwise:

adidas knit cap, tag side out
trusty pen
Men-U moisturizer sample size
overpriced orange lip balm from Body Shop
keys
napkin with phone # and directions to my mechanic
cheap nylon wallet
stretchy gloves with blowout on one of the middle fingers

Since this thread kinda turned into "what's on your person" - lemme update with a pic...

full

Mephisto Tyrus Shoes (I have a few pair, so different depending on the day)
Raymond Weil Parsifal 2-tone Black/18K Gold
Solid Steling Silver Hopi Belt Buckle
Itallian Viale Morin Enrico Coveri Wallet
Chris Reeve Sebenza Large (or William Henry CF12 - or Custom Darrel Ralph Apogee)
Maui Jim Whaler Sunglasses (with Flexon Metal Frames)
Glock 34 (Custom trigger, mag release, etc)
Bianci Holster
Mont Blanc Meiserstuck 164
HORRIBLE/WORTHLESS Samsung Cellular phone with AT&T service

Austin said:
Joel, that's kind of scary. I guy with a Glock.
Kinda scary is a guy with a glock. VERY scary is a guy with a real gun, like a 1911. :001_tt2:

-Nick

On the gun nut forums, that kind of comment would instantly spark a 20 page flame-fest.

Nick said:
Kinda scary is a guy with a glock. VERY scary is a guy with a real gun, like a 1911. :001_tt2:

-Nick

On the gun nut forums, that kind of comment would instantly spark a 20 page flame-fest.

All I've got is a 410 shotgun and a bottle of 1411.

Randy

Top Bottom