What's new

What do you drive?

I usually drive my wife crazy. If I am not doing that I drive a 2006 Scion xB, black getting ready to turn 100k. I have put all but 12 miles on it.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT:

$AyXK_BnCcAAe83I.jpg

Another car guy here. Mine's a fairly heavily modified 2007 BMW 330d touring. Looks almost stock from the outside. The innards, however, aren't.

Another car guy here. Mine's a fairly heavily modified 2007 BMW 330d touring. Looks almost stock from the outside. The innards, however, aren't.

My favorite kind of car (the sleeper). I have a 1985 Volvo wagon that looks like a grocery getter on the outside but it has a complete replacement race/rally suspension with sway bars the size of your wrist and a massive turbo charger tied to a 5 speed trans with a straight through 2.5" exhaust (no muffler, only a tunable super trap at the end). It accelerates like a V8 muscle car and corners like a Porsche but looks like it it should have a couple of kiddie seats in the back :001_smile

The only give away is that it squats a few inches above the ground. It's street legal in most states (not all though)

Last edited:
2000 Chevrolet S10

I used to have a 1977 MGB as well, but sadly it was lost in a house fire. The S10 was bought for me when I was 16...the MG when I graduated from college. I still have the S10 (with ~150,000 clicks on it). I think I'm one of the only people that could turn up at their 10 year HS reunion and say that I'm still driving the same car I had in school. It hit me the other day that I'm 30 years old now and have never bought a car. The one I have was bought for me. I have a company truck also ('06 Tacoma, 200k+), it's a beater of a truck but it'll go anywhere and then some.

We have a 2010 Toyota Camry in silver, probably the most common car on the road around here. Its an absolute bore to drive, but its fine for sort of everyday type driving. This is my wife's primary car.

My car is a 2010 Volkswagen GTI 4door in Candy White w/ a REVO Stage 1 tune and a 1" drop. It's a ton of fun to drive and not something you see every day (although now that I own one, I seem to pick out the few that are around here).

I won't bore you with pictures of the Camry, but here is the GTI:

$GTI.jpg

I drive a puny 1.0 vw polo lowered on coilovers... along with many other mods. the joys of being a young male in the UK, where the insurance companies take all our money if we want something that goes faster than a skateboard!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Was walking around Long Beach, Indiana this weekend, saw a Porsche Speedster (Bathtub one) that was mint, owner came out & owned up to it being a replicar .. two blocks down was a '48 Packard Straight 8 that was minty ..

One of the couples I was with came in a Mercedes CL V12 coupe ..

So, I slunk away in my Fusion

A big 4 door Buick sedan. Why ? Because...yes I'm old....but I'm also tall, heavy and have a bad hockey knee. I do a lot of driving and up here (Canada) we have about 6 months of winter...the traction on this car is surprising very good in the snow...although the traction control and good Michelin's help a lot.

The car is very comfortable, very quiet, get's very good gas mileage as it's large V6 doesn't turn too many rpms at highway speeds. There's lot's of room for people (it's a 6 passenger sedan) and my stuff. Surprisingly it handles fairly well, accelerates well and brakes well...12 inch or so disc brake at each wheel.

Buick's do not deserve their reputation.

Just so you know that I'm not just another old geezer driving a Buick...I also have two motorcycles. One..a '78 Yamaha SR 500 (big 4 stroke single) and a '67 Matchless 750cc G15 CS ( Competition Spring) Scrambler....also referred to as a Desert Sled.

Top Bottom