What's new

What do you drive?

40840144_10213411384219244_6983756864999653376_o (1).jpg

My 2007 Toyota 4Runner Limited and 2015 Cannondale Synapse. I hope these to be my last two sets of wheels before my wife and I retire as nomads. Then it will be public transportation wherever in the world we roam. Mrs It’s Hedley drives a Mini, which I rarely drive, but it is a cool little car.
IMG_1579.jpeg

Amen. If I only had my '71 Chevelle from high skool.
Dad bought a 70 Chevelle when I was in High School. I was used to driving the 65 Olds F-85, and was disappointed when I parked the Chevelle with a single rear tire on the only patch of ice in the parking lot. Played hell getting it backed out of the parking space & back home, since when I put a sheet of cardboard under the tire for traction, it just zipped thru.

We had two cars: a 2008 Honda Civic with about 78,000 miles on it and 2017 Toyota Camry with 43,800 on it.
And then my arrogant step-son totalled my Civic during an ice storm when I had told him he shouldn't drive it.
So we're down to one car, the Camry.
We're looking for a used Rav4 or other SUV. I dread it. I hate car shopping and dealing with salesmen, etc. Our last experience buying the Camry left me traumatized. Worst sales experience I've ever had, even though I got a really good deal.

When I first posted in this thread in 2013 I had a 96 Civic which I had been driving since 2006. I had it until 2019 when it finally died with 575,000 km on it. I now have a 2004 Civic and my 2016 Triumph Street Triple.

civic 2004.jpg

2016 Street Triple R.jpg

We had two cars: a 2008 Honda Civic with about 78,000 miles on it and 2017 Toyota Camry with 43,800 on it.
And then my arrogant step-son totalled my Civic during an ice storm when I had told him he shouldn't drive it.
So we're down to one car, the Camry.
We're looking for a used Rav4 or other SUV. I dread it. I hate car shopping and dealing with salesmen, etc. Our last experience buying the Camry left me traumatized. Worst sales experience I've ever had, even though I got a really good deal.
Before the supply chain disaster, I would do my research, call up the dealership and ask for the fleet sales guy. Make him a cash offer on the phone, he'd have a guy drive the car to my driveway, his buddy would follow in a dealership car to take him back and we'd settle up later. No muss, no fuss. I have no idea if they still do that.

Top Bottom