What's new

What do you drive?

We have slimmed down to 7 vehicles.

1975 Land Rover series III
1980 Volvo 245 GT
1985 Volvo 745 Turbo (race/rally preped)
1988 Toyota 4x4 long bed pickup
1991 Toyota RV
1998 Volvo V90
2004 Subaru Outback VDC (white line suspension)

proxy.php

Love the Series. I used to have a 62 IIa.

I would love to have one of those!!!

Tom

Love the Series. I used to have a 62 IIa.

It is the last series Land Rover imported into the US. Was ordered by a law professor here. He missed out as all of them in the US had been sold in 1974 so he had Rover build him one to US specs and imported it himself. I have the production run sheet from Rover signed by the workers. That is why it has British and US plates and is left hand drive. It is the only 1975 Land Rover in existence in the US. All the rest are 1974 and older.

I bought it from his estate after he died back in the 90's.

Here is a web page I made about it when I was doing the restore on it after I first got it.

http://www.turtle-web.com/photos/myrover/

I put 12 miles on it then took it completely apart and put it back together again. Now it is basically a new 1975 Land Rover.

It is the last series Land Rover imported into the US. Was ordered by a law professor here. He missed out as all of them in the US had been sold in 1974 so he had Rover build him one to US specs and imported it himself. I have the production run sheet from Rover signed by the workers. That is why it has British and US plates and is left hand drive. It is the only 1975 Land Rover in existence in the US. All the rest are 1974 and older.

I bought it from his estate after he died back in the 90's.

Here is a web page I made about it when I was doing the restore on it after I first got it.

http://www.turtle-web.com/photos/myrover/

I put 12 miles on it then took it completely apart and put it back together again. Now it is basically a new 1975 Land Rover.

I too am afflicted with Roveritous. I've owned 6.

Nice.

2 Disco 1's
Defender 90
P38 Range Rover
L322 Range Rover
Series IIa.

I thought 87 was the first year for the classics in the US. I could be wrong, too much of having to learn the newer product is slowly pushing out the old.

I did something last September I hadn't done in nearly 15 years. I bought a car. an awesome new mazda 2. previously I had the good fortune to drive a company car. boy was I spoiled. a new car every 65K miles! i'm happy with my choice.

I hear ya - company cars rule, I get a new one every 3mths or 10,000kms whichever comes first.

current company car is a c-class - if I had to buy my own car it would probably be a Toyota or something economical to run
I have a 2003 Honda VTX1300 which is mine

Living in the UK sucks with fuel at £6.40/$10/gallon.

I've got a Chrysler 300c Touring (3.0 v6) diesel and a Honda Civic 1.6 (t4)

The Chrysler may be 2 tonnes, but it's still about the fastest thing in our car park at work.... When I got it, I spent months being asked when I joined the Ant hill mob / started dealing drugs / became an undertaker in my spare time.

1999 Ford F-150 XLT (dark blue). 2 wheel drive, regular cab, standard bed length, with Dee Zee tool box on the back. Bought it new back in '99 (before I had kids) and it only has 108,000 miles on it. I love it, but it's not very practical for hauling kids around..... although they love it. It's really only the second vehicle I've owned next to my first car and my wife's Camry.

Ben

We are a Subaru family our current cars include a 2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i (mine) and as of November 2012 my wife traded in her 2009 Subaru Forester for a 2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium.

I thought 87 was the first year for the classics in the US. I could be wrong, too much of having to learn the newer product is slowly pushing out the old.

They were first sold in the US in 1987 but all of them were H code VIN which was the 1988 model year vehicles. Depending on what state they were first registered in they would be either a 1987 or 1988 registration vehicle.

I was the second owner of the one I had and it was part of the first 1,542 vehicle US spec build batch and registered as a 1988 model year

proxy.php

Last edited:
2006 Acura TL

I love cars, but my income level and need for 4 doors, reliability and decent mileage kinda dictate what I drive. Still compared to my wife's 2005 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD Ltd, it's a fun ride.

1999 Ford F-150 XLT (dark blue). 2 wheel drive, regular cab, standard bed length, with Dee Zee tool box on the back.

1999 F-150 here as well, although mine is the extended cab. Lousy gas mileage, but reliable and fairly low-maintenance. Mine has 120,000 miles, and I suspect the body will rust off of it before I wear it out. My wife drives a 2012 Nissan Rogue crossover SUV, and loves it.

Top Bottom