What's new

What do you do?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Former police officer and D.A.s investigator, now own a private investigations agency that almost exclusively works criminal cases for law firms.

I'm basically a Paul Drake...of Perry Mason fame. :lol:

B.S. in Criminal Justice, just lack a seminar of having a second degree in Sociology.

US Navy for 10 years, Fire Control Technician (I shoot missiles and torpedoes), we also do LAN stuff
In school for a BS in Electronic Engineering Technology
Amateur drummer/percussionist

Well, you'll be able to make a career helping all of us deal with our multiple shaving addictions, otherwise known as ADs!:lol:

i would have to work on my AD's before I could help anyone with theirs. guess that's why i'm training, it should help me at least.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Graduate student in Philosophy and Theology.

This is off-topic but I cannot let it slide- how goes it in my birth town (Steubenville)? Not often I see that city's name pop up on the internet.

Last edited:
Merchant Mariner. Sailed on schooners, worked on tug boats pushing oil barges, recently graduated from Maine Maritime Academy (oorah), now I run boats for a college's marine program.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Looking at the list of occupations, so many are of a technical nature. I wonder if there is a connection between a search for a better shave (coffee, tea, etc and the tools involved) with a technically minded individual.
Sounds plausible. Technically minded people can lose themselves in the details, and getting a good shave can be a very technical thing. Which blades perform with what razor. Finding the right amount of water necessary to build a good lather from a particular soap. On and on :001_smile

This is off-topic but I cannot let it slide- how goes it in my birth town (Steubenville)? Not often I see that city's name pop up on the internet.

Well, that depends on when you left. If you left within the last ten or so years, I would guess it's pretty much the same (I was born and raised here but pretty much gone from 1987 until 2009). If you left about when I did or before, you would be very depressed to see what it has become. With the exception of the University, of course, which is an oasis.

Great thread. I never realized what a diverse group we are. :001_smile

Agreed!! I have to admit that I am quite surprised, although I don't know why, at the large number of Canadians who have posted on this thread.

Very cool. I've got a Master in Theology from Cincinnati Christian U.

Cool! I must admit to being surprised, again, at the number of mentions my particular vocation has elicited. there's just something about philosophy, I guess. :001_rolle

Gastroenterologist, son of Family Physician and RN, husband of Endocrinologist, father of 4th year medical student and obviously victim of a genetic illness carried as a dominant trait.

Right now I'm in the first year of my bachelor's degree in chemistry at the University of Life Sciences in Norway. I'll have my master's in 2015. We'll see which job I have after that, or if I'm going for a phd. :001_smile

-Compaq

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Well, that depends on when you left. If you left within the last ten or so years, I would guess it's pretty much the same (I was born and raised here but pretty much gone from 1987 until 2009). If you left about when I did or before, you would be very depressed to see what it has become. With the exception of the University, of course, which is an oasis.

Born in '68, left in '73, but came back frequently as we had grandparents there. I witnessed that areas death- every time we returned it had died a bit more. Moved to Texas (from Cleveland) in '92- I had hoped maybe the town had rebounded a bit, being so close to Pittsburgh and all.

Top Bottom