What's new

What do you do when you don't have time for your usual DE or Straight shave?

I personally never understood the whole "I don't have time" thing.
I have an alarm clock. I can set it for whatever time I want.
If I need another 15 minutes of sleep, I can go to bed 15 minutes earlier.

Well I will be another to vote for that.
I head shave daily so it takes longer than those that don't.
Shaving is something I now do because it is my time.
BTW: 04:30 comes early every week day but my shave makes that time worth it.

Simple. I'll use the Tweezerman brush, it's smaller and takes less time to load.

I'll use the usual prep routine, but I use cold water as the cold makes the face contract and there is less surface area to shave. I use hot water on the razor to make it larger.

As I lather up I heat instant coffee in the microwave, slowing down time. In addition, for the ATG pass I stand on my head, since gravity makes the razor strokes faster. Then I rinse my face with an entire pint of the Veg, thereby saving even more time by covering the post shave rinse, aftershave and cologne application and shower all at once.

Using these techniques, I actually finish shaving before I start.

Simple. I'll use the Tweezerman brush, it's smaller and takes less time to load.

I'll use the usual prep routine, but I use cold water as the cold makes the face contract and there is less surface area to shave. I use hot water on the razor to make it larger.

As I lather up I heat instant coffee in the microwave, slowing down time. In addition, for the ATG pass I stand on my head, since gravity makes the razor strokes faster. Then I rinse my face with an entire pint of the Veg, thereby saving even more time by covering the post shave rinse, aftershave and cologne application all at once.

Using these techniques, I actually finish shaving before I start.

Is the veg heated, chilled, or at room temperature?

I normally shave at night so time isnt usually an issue with me, if i cant straight shave it, then ill use DE, if i cant use a DE, then skip the shave.

If I don't have time for a proper shave, I've probably massively overslept, and I don't have it for any shave, and I'm probably more concerned about the quality of my shower.

I have a very heavy beard, and I can't imagine going out without shaving. So if I'm pressed for time, I use my can of Foamy and a single pass. Lather prep seems to be the most time consuming part of the shave for me personally. At least it gets the visible stubble off of my face, and I don't feel "undressed" as I would if I didn't shave.

Happened yesterday morning; shut off the alarm, closed my eyes and next thing I know it was 90 minutes later. I had to get two kids ready for school and my normal 30 min of bathroom time (which includes a 3 pass shave) was cut down to 5 min. I blasted a quick shower and grabbed the Braun

I really cant show up at work unshaven and the Braun gets me to a DFS state very quickly. The downside was by 3p, I was scruffy. The facetubating of the scruff was distracting, because I just poured through the various shave options I had once I returned home.

I left it until this morning and had the Colonel whip my new Nancy Boy cream (bwahh haaa haa Sabbatical!). I was BBS and feeling funky fresh with the Cooling aftershave gel.

I really cant show up at work unshaven and the Braun gets me to a DFS state very quickly. The downside was by 3p, I was scruffy. The facetubating of the scruff was distracting, because I just poured through the various shave options I had once I returned home.

I left it until this morning and had the Colonel whip my new Nancy Boy cream (bwahh haaa haa Sabbatical!). I was BBS and feeling funky fresh with the Cooling aftershave gel.

I would have used different words, and I use different hardware/software but yeah - same thing. I HATE 3 o'clock scruff!

This.

The only time it would be a problem is if I got a new alarm clock and didn't set it right. But I always give em a test run.

I just wouldn't bother.

Since I started this DE shaving business I havent touhed my cartridge razor. Even though there are two packs of unused cartridges there I feel a little ill every time I look at it.

LOVE the proper wet shave !!!!

OldSaw

The wife's investment

Now there's some discipline.

When I'm in a hurry i just do a quick single XTG pass with a little blade buffing and call it good enough.

It doesn't take me long to face lather and do a single pass if I'm rushed. Plus, my son wakes no later than 0600 every morning so I've always got plenty of time to get ready.

Im a truck driver so I can really just shave whenever. Still have to take it extra slow with the neck though. My grain has many erratic directions so i have to to take the time. If i can't, a days growth is considered clean shaven in my line of work. Lol!

Either a single pass with a ProGlide or Quattro and an easy to rinse non-lathering cream, or a quick shave with a Braun electric.

The Injector I have is as quick as a Fusion...but not as fool proof.

With a quick face lather and a single WTG with some touch up, if there's time to dress, there is time to shave.

Top Bottom