What's new

What do you do for work?

I'm currently a student. I have degrees in Biomedical Engineering, where I got to explode things into dead people (well my resume says impact biomechanics with an emphasis in sports- and vehicular-related head and neck injury, but I like the first one better).

Now, I'm going to school to be one of those saves-peoples'-lives types like doctorsimon. :thumbup1: I'm only about eight years away!

Its great to see the various occupations represented in this community.

I am a corporate drone for a large heathcare company. I do process consulting and apply complexity management theory to improve operational efficiency....oops (slap on side of head) sorry for the corporate speak....

in plains words I get people to do things better, faster and cheaper (in that order) for the customers.

I’m currently working as a Property Claim Adjuster, in the next few weeks I’ll be moving to field position where I get to actually get to go to the insured’s home and inspect their damages. Can’t wait, I’ll finally get to have the insured’s yell and swear at me in person instead of over the phone.

I am an insurance agent so after they call and yell at Boogie, they call and yell at me.

It is an Ok job, but it has its moments

Systems analyst and computer operator for a national printing firm.

Still wondering what I want to be when I grow up!

Me too! Seriously on both accounts...I'm a computer operations analyst for a national specialty insurance firm...and I know it's not what I want to be when I grow up.

I tell my parents I am a piano player in a house of ill repute, so they can sleep at night thinking I have a respectable job.

Degree in Political Science, Political Thought and Theory.

I am a lobbyist.

Musician and grad student. Currently one of the busier trombonists in the OKC area, soon to be a sort-of, occasional conductor with the Wichita Grand Opera. I think. :lol:

Ugh, my trombone has been unplayed for over 10 years now :frown:

I'm very disappointed in myself for letting it go so long, considering that I played pretty much constantly from age 10 all the way up through my early 20's. I even have a music degree.

I keep meaning to find a good community band so I can ease myself back into playing, but it's so hard for me even to make a weekly commitment to something like that.. at the very least I should get myself back into shape so I can share the music with my kids.. but I know I'm going to sound like total crap for a few months. I actually had a very nice sound when I was in college.

Also, that conducting job sounds awesome too!

-Mason

i've retired from high school and college to go on a journey of paper chasing money with not enough days in the month. Each day is a new challenge of peanut butter or tuna fish or the yummy combination of both.

Auto Sales...Internet Manger....wannabe comedian

mark tssb

For the last nine years I've been building custom doors and windows for very high end residential construction. In my off hours I build guitars in the Selmer/Maccaferri style.

I run out in front of cars and sue the drivers.

Just kidding. :001_tt2:

I am currently going through certification training to teach high school history here in the State of Texas. Until then I'm a full-time substitute teacher and a gourmet chef to my wife.

I'm a "recovering" educator, freelance musician/teacher/conductor, on an ever-increasing spiral downward to becoming a "compleat" failure. In the meantime I also help support myself by administering online training to co-workers at a local "beverage" company with over 200 years of rich history and tradition. (PLEASE! Don't tell anyone you saw me here!)

Top Bottom