What's new

What do you do for a career? Why do you shave everyday?

I am also a night shift Lab Technologist in a NYC hospital but in Microbiology. As with KenGriffith, my job doesn't require me to shave every day. I shave probably about 4 or 5 times a week because I simply enjoy it. Just curious though, KenGriffith, may I ask which hospital? If you're at Mount Sinai then I work one floor above you.

That is indeed the establishment I'm forced to labor in !! Heck of a small world once you get on the internet, isn't it?!! I'm off a couple of weeks right now though, so I won't be there for a while.

I've been retired for 7 years and still shave daily. I worked for the government and dealt with the public for 39 years. I found that being clean-shaven, and wearing a tie greatly increased respect from the public and increased thir perception of my authority making my job a lot easier. I've had the habit and just don't want to give it up. Besides wet-shaving is a relaxing way to start my day.

That is indeed the establishment I'm forced to labor in !! Heck of a small world once you get on the internet, isn't it?!! I'm off a couple of weeks right now though, so I won't be there for a while.

Haha yeah...small world indeed. Don't know why but I just had a feeling you we're gonna say you worked there too.

I own a 7 Eleven Franchise. Own boss so i dont have to shave for work but i like to keep a presentable appearance. I like the occasional Scruff that grows and keep a goatee. Its just pure fun DE shaving. New soaps, new brushes, new razors and techniques... just pleasure for me.

Haha yeah...small world indeed. Don't know why but I just had a feeling you we're gonna say you worked there too.

You'll have to come down & join us for coffee or something one night, unless it's only one of you up there taking care of all the microbes....!!

You'll have to come down & join us for coffee or something one night, unless it's only one of you up there taking care of all the microbes....!!

We got a few of us working the 4-12 shift so coffee breaks aren't a problem at all. As a matter of fact, most nights they're an absolute necessity.

I am a Program Manager at one of the largest PC companies. My days are overfilled, tech moves very fast, and I am connected all the time. I just started wet shaving about four weeks ago (electric for about last 30yrs) and it provides a nice relaxing start to my day. I no longer read e-mail when I first awake and plan my workday starting when I first open my eyes. Instead I plan out my morning shave, which soap, how am I going to improve my shave today? I take my time and enjoy the mornings instead of gearing for the daily rush..

I think this will add years to my life...

Investment banking, always gotta keep a smooth face. Just started wet shaving about 3 weeks ago and shaving is now one of my favorite hobbies lol

IT Director in management / administration. Most days wear a tie (business casual) and like to feel groomed and clean shaven in my professional environment. For years shaving was a chore ..... Now something I look forward to.

I'm a polysomnographer working graveyards at a group of hospitals throughout Utah. I also own several websites and do some photography and journalism on the side. The hospital isn't very strict in regards to shaving, at least in my department, as long as any facial hair is maintained, and my work dress is usually scrubs at the hospital, and business causal on anything else most of the time. I typically don't shave everyday, usually every 2 days or so.

Last edited:
I'm an Endodontics resident/Active duty officer with the US. Army.
I shave daily mostly because I have to. Though I've found a great appreciation for making a fine lather with a great smelling soap.

I'm a nursery school teacher (infants ). I think being shaved makes me look and feel professional and keeps my cheeks smooth for cuddling the babies!

I'm a pilot as well. Very few things are worth disrupting a nap in the crew room. Certainly not the shave policy!😎

Started working in real estate office doing marketing, now I'm a licensed realtor and do photography. Was always a scruffy looking long hair dude, refused to cut my hair so figured I needed to at least be clean shaved. Started wet shaving for cost, later found out it's really better shave, and improved skin condition. Plus it's just badass, this is how guys like Dean Martin, Sinatra, and James Bond did it

Top Bottom