What's new

What do you consider your # Sandalwood frag?

Dyptique Tam Dao remind me of the smell of wood shop in High School.

I think scent critic Luca Turin described Tam Dao as smelling like furniture polish. I, and lots of other people, perhaps including Hr. Turin, like the scent. It is not a pure sandalwood, of course. Few scents are. I am not sure it is sandalwood centric. Cedar centric, perhaps, and not Mysore sw, which is not a dis.

I think scent critic Luca Turin described Tam Dao as smelling like furniture polish. I, and lots of other people, perhaps including Hr. Turin, like the scent. It is not a pure sandalwood, of course. Few scents are. I am not sure it is sandalwood centric. Cedar centric, perhaps, and not Mysore sw, which is not a dis.
I didn't mention that I HATED shop class sin High School also. LOL!!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I have DR Harris' Sandalwood after shave. I find it almost greasy, but the scent is lovely. I have a $5 bottle of kanon Norwegian Wood that really like, although the scent might be more like freshly cut cedar rather than sandalwood. In either case I was surprised at how pleasant a scent it is.

Profumum Roma Santalum is nice - pretty straight sandalwood. I also have a EO sampler from Ensar. Surprising how different the oils can be - some are sharp and lemony, others smooth and buttery.

Diptyque Tam Dao EdP is my #1.

I layer it with different aftershaves depending on the season; Proraso Red when it's warmer, Stirling Nag Champa when it's cold.

Top Bottom