What's new

What do you carry your business cards in?

Do you keep them in your wallet? Your briefcase? Do you have a separate case for them? If so, is it leather? Metal? Something else?

Thanks.

I keep 5-6 in my wallet for unforeseen times when I need to hand one out. I have a metal card holder that I bring to meetings and gatherings where I think I'll need to hand out more than just a few.

When I used them I bought a leather business card holder. Don't use them anymore, nor do I use the holder anymore. Has no other function that I can think of.

I rarely use mine. When I do have occasion to take them with me, I use a metal card case.
It came free with my Nikon eyeglass lenses many years ago.

And here it is....actually i think this is a record that the thread made it 5 posts without the American Psycho reference! :laugh:

Let's see Paul Allen's card. Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh, my God. It even has a watermark. (Sorry... couldn't resist bringing in the quote.) :lol:

I'm interested in the answer to this as well. I currently carry a few business cards in my wallet. I've recently purchased a Saddleback small wallet / credit / business card holder, but the leather is too stiff to hold more than 2-3 cards in each slot. Even when it stretches out a bit, I'm afraid the card edges will get damaged in it. Ideally, I'd like to see a leather holder that's slightly larger than business card size where you don't have to jam them in.

I'm interested in the answer to this as well. I currently carry a few business cards in my wallet. I've recently purchased a Saddleback small wallet / credit / business card holder, but the leather is too stiff to hold more than 2-3 cards in each slot. Even when it stretches out a bit, I'm afraid the card edges will get damaged in it. Ideally, I'd like to see a leather holder that's slightly larger than business card size where you don't have to jam them in.
"Google" leather business card holders and take a look at them all.

I try to keep a small stash of cards everywhere...some in my messenger bag in a card pocket, some in my leather portfolio, and some in my attache case. Having said that, I do keep a metal card holder in my coat pocket. But not just any card holder. The Elvis Presley crd holder that I bought in the Graceland gift shop. It matches my Elvis cufflinks.
$415rVX1-tgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I keep some in a leather padfolio that usually goes in my briefcase wherever I go. If I'm handing out a card I also usually have a pen and paper handy, so it works well for me.

You guys are going to love this.

I carry 35 cards in my "new" case" with a Fisher Space Pens...(I always have a pen!) Being in the car business for over 32 years, I meet several people a day that will tell me they "need more cards to pass out to thier frineds"...most of my business comes from repeat and referral business, plus the occasional walk in. No matter where I go, I always hand out a card....(they always get noticed!)...

However my demond on me carrying cards led me to a quest to find a holder for them. I shopped around the various websites and even contacted several vendors who make leather goods. None of them would listen to me or my needs. They would tell me that thier card holder would "stretch" maybe to hold a dozen or so. I got this from several. vendors.

Bottom line, I looked for something and found something else, you know how it is. I looked at a old phone case and shook my head, until I put my cards in it. I trimmed it with a knife, stuck a pen in it and Eureka...just what I needed....

It holds 35 cards, 20 is about my daily average to hand out....it stays in my pocket, keeps my cards nice and neat....the benefit of the cut-a-way, I can deal one card out at a time like a blackjack dealer. It works great....

$CROWN.jpg

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
When I used them I bought a leather business card holder. Don't use them anymore, nor do I use the holder anymore. Has no other function that I can think of.

It can work well as a minimalist wallet. It can hold a couple credit cards and a driver's license, and a few bills. (Well, the one I have* can, presumably yours is similar.

Unfortunately, yes.

I own one, and clicked on this thread with the specific intent of warning guys about that particular SB product. I know that some guys will recommend a SB product for just about anything, but in this case ... skip the credit-card case.

* I also own a non-Saddleback one, that works much better. Made of Muskox hide and purchased a decade ago in Fort McPherson. I don't think you can get them anymore.

I've recently purchased a Saddleback small wallet / credit / business card holder, but the leather is too stiff to hold more than 2-3 cards in each slot. Even when it stretches out a bit, I'm afraid the card edges will get damaged in it.

I own one, and clicked on this thread with the specific intent of warning guys about that particular SB product. I know that some guys will recommend a SB product for just about anything, but in this case ... skip the credit-card case.

Thanks, guys. That was one of the items I was looking at.

I have a small leather case and also a small brushed stainless steel case (great modern design, terribly uncomfortable in my pocket). These days, I'm using a heavy woven textile one that I picked up in Japan. It has a pocket on one side for my cards and a pocket on the other for ones I get.

Put about 10 in each side, all at once. Like anything that's quality leather, it's going to form to the shape of what's inside it. It just needs to be broken in, but now I love how it wears.

Put about 10 in each side, all at once. Like anything that's quality leather, it's going to form to the shape of what's inside it. It just needs to be broken in, but now I love how it wears.

So.. once you've jammed them in (and I can do this with regular credit cards to make it stretch) - do the business cards keep their shape or get damaged at the edges?

So.. once you've jammed them in (and I can do this with regular credit cards to make it stretch) - do the business cards keep their shape or get damaged at the edges?

Cards look just as good as the day they came out of the box.

I have the medium bifold wallet, so I don't put credit cards in this, but I would assume you wouldn't have an issue with them either.

Top Bottom