What's new

What do you bathe with?

Hello everyone. Picture this: it was an 82 degree day. You have been playing outside with you 19 month old baby girl. You have worked on your car. You have gone for a 2 mile walk. You finally have cooked on a charcoal grill. Now, you stink by this point and you "natural" shower gel (One Planet) just is not doing the job, you still stink.....what do you do? My go to soap has always been Dial and it works great. What do you bathe with, what works for you when you ....well lets face it....stink? :)

my normal go to is something organic, but as you said not always efficient. so my next soap is basically yardley english lavender

When all else fails...

proxy.php

:ohmy:

For situations like that I use a pump pack of Johnsons soap that I've scented myself with essential oils. My current one is a mixutre of cedar wood and sandal wood. Use liberally and scrub with a Salux cloth. What you scrub with is just as important as the soap I think.

Ivory soap in a loofah pouch thingy I got at walmart. It's has several layers of loofah-type mesh that creates a pouch w/ a drawstring that you put the bar of soap in. Get it wet and rub it between your hands for a few minutes to later it up, and then scrub that body!

Yardley soap bar. I use Suave Cocoa butter and shea lotion (which smells fantastic) and finish with Old Spice deodorant. Makes me feel and smell clean.

If you want the wake up for sure experience . . . try Dr. Bronner Peppermint.

I love the stuff. Comes out like velvet from a foaming pump mixed just right with water. Gives a good peppermint zing.

This was my go to soap in College. I've noticed the label doesn't say "DILUTE! DILUTE! OK! OK!" anymore. Bummer. That always made me laugh.

I've always used Dove soap or bodywash. I tend to get dry skin quite easily if I use something strongly scented like Irish Spring or Zest.

I work outside and often come home very sweaty, muddy, dirty etc. and it works just fine. I don't think being more dirty requires that you use that kind of gritty soap mechanics use to get grease off their hands in the shower. Maybe you just need to scrub a little harder with the loofah.

But yeah I know it's designed for women, but I think dove is the best stuff out there. I tried that new "Dove Men" stuff, and I hate it. The whole point of dove is that it's extremely gentle, lathers very well, and gets you clean without drying the skin.

I wouldn't use or reccomend anything else. I could be an ad for Unilever. But I have to say, I've tried lots of different things, but Dove is the top kind of soap or bodywash out there for people who get dry skin easily. And I've tried the cheaper store brands that copy it, and 90% of the time they are exactly the same as the much more expensive branded product, but they aren't as good as Dove.

I used to stick with bar soap, but as of late I've preferred using bodywash, I find it's just easier to get a good lather and it has some ability to scrub and exfolliate etc.

I'm not looking for scented stuff, when I want a scent I'll use a cologne, the shower is a place for getting clean and maybe singing, that's all.

I've gotten hooked on the Old Spice Body Washes. The 3X "Fresh" is fantastic. The Old Spice Original is pretty good too.

I don't know if they're nation wide, but there is a company here in Los Angeles called Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day that makes a great lavender bar soap. Not too expensive.

The Dove for Men irritated my skin as did Axe (yeah, I said it. I tried Axe).

I try a lot of soaps tied to scents. The Gendarme soap is the most clean and refreshing soap I've ever tried. Amazing.

C&S No. 88 makes a bar soap (super pricey) that is maybe the best I've sampled.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. Picture this: it was an 82 degree day. You have been playing outside with you 19 month old baby girl. You have worked on your car. You have gone for a 2 mile walk. You finally have cooked on a charcoal grill. Now, you stink by this point and you "natural" shower gel (One Planet) just is not doing the job, you still stink.....what do you do? My go to soap has always been Dial and it works great. What do you bathe with, what works for you when you ....well lets face it....stink? :)

India is currently in its famous hot Indian Summer season - very hot, very humid along coastal regions and awfully dusty. Ordinary soaps don't even come close when you want that cool freshness and clean feeling. While they will clean you, the heat factor remains making it very very uncomfortable. The current temperature in Mumbai is 88 and parts of the interior land locked Indian continent are well in the 113-115 degree range.

My go to for beating the Indian Summer are in the links below.

Medimix Ayurvedic Soap

Mysore Sandal Soap / Gold

Chandrika Ayurvedic Soap

Perhaps medimix and Chandrika are not the best of scents as they contain herbs - they smell vegetative and slightly spicy. But the cleanliness feeling and freshness feeling is just awesome. Coupled with a cold water "James Bond" shower - these soaps sap out the excess heat from your body.

The Sandalwood soap contains pure sandalwood oil. The state of karnataka in India is known for its dense jungles full of sandalwood trees and is perhaps the largest source of sandalwood products.

Last edited:
I have been using "Woodys Meat and Potatoes Bar Soap" for the last couple months and dont see going back to anything else.

I bathe with Cannon Smoke and Raw Courage.

Oops, wrong thread.

I found an excellent sandalwood soap at Whole Foods that is not expensive at all (big shock there); It is their in-house brand of soap. I like it because it is similar to TOBS Sandalwood.

I've always used Dove soap or bodywash. I tend to get dry skin quite easily if I use something strongly scented like Irish Spring or Zest.

I work outside and often come home very sweaty, muddy, dirty etc. and it works just fine. I don't think being more dirty requires that you use that kind of gritty soap mechanics use to get grease off their hands in the shower. Maybe you just need to scrub a little harder with the loofah.

But yeah I know it's designed for women, but I think dove is the best stuff out there. I tried that new "Dove Men" stuff, and I hate it. The whole point of dove is that it's extremely gentle, lathers very well, and gets you clean without drying the skin.

I wouldn't use or reccomend anything else. I could be an ad for Unilever. But I have to say, I've tried lots of different things, but Dove is the top kind of soap or bodywash out there for people who get dry skin easily. And I've tried the cheaper store brands that copy it, and 90% of the time they are exactly the same as the much more expensive branded product, but they aren't as good as Dove.

I used to stick with bar soap, but as of late I've preferred using bodywash, I find it's just easier to get a good lather and it has some ability to scrub and exfolliate etc.

I'm not looking for scented stuff, when I want a scent I'll use a cologne, the shower is a place for getting clean and maybe singing, that's all.

+1 - unscented dove is an excellent soap for those with dry skin

Top Bottom