What's new

What do you bathe with?

I've always used Dove soap or bodywash. I tend to get dry skin quite easily if I use something strongly scented like Irish Spring or Zest.

I work outside and often come home very sweaty, muddy, dirty etc. and it works just fine. I don't think being more dirty requires that you use that kind of gritty soap mechanics use to get grease off their hands in the shower. Maybe you just need to scrub a little harder with the loofah.

But yeah I know it's designed for women, but I think dove is the best stuff out there. I tried that new "Dove Men" stuff, and I hate it. The whole point of dove is that it's extremely gentle, lathers very well, and gets you clean without drying the skin.

I wouldn't use or reccomend anything else. I could be an ad for Unilever. But I have to say, I've tried lots of different things, but Dove is the top kind of soap or bodywash out there for people who get dry skin easily. And I've tried the cheaper store brands that copy it, and 90% of the time they are exactly the same as the much more expensive branded product, but they aren't as good as Dove.

I used to stick with bar soap, but as of late I've preferred using bodywash, I find it's just easier to get a good lather and it has some ability to scrub and exfolliate etc.

I'm not looking for scented stuff, when I want a scent I'll use a cologne, the shower is a place for getting clean and maybe singing, that's all.

+1 on the Dove. Every time I try anything else, come out disappointed. I tend to get acne if my skin gets too day, and Dove has done the best for me.

Use whatever soap you like, after you dry off, apply Shower to Shower Sport powder to upper arms, trunk and down below. SWMBO may agree to rub some on your back.....

Leaves a nice scent to help wipe out other scent memories.

When all else fails...

proxy.php

:ohmy:

Any brick and mortar stores stock this?

Last edited:
I use Irish Spring bar soap.

I would like to try some of the higher quality soaps, but that would take money away from my shaving ADs! :001_rolle

I'm surprised no one has suggested using Williams, many people here claim to use it for that purpose only.

I absolutely love using the Speick body bars! Also, I tend to pick up any cheaper of the nice soaps found at T.J. Maxx.

Top Bottom